Help with night time nappies

ActionCat

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help my nappies last through the night? Up until now, we have been using bumgenius at night with the large insert plus the Little Weeds hemp insert and this has lasted a good 12 hours or so. However, my little boy has turned into a little monkey and is now waking lots at night and he's getting a couple of extra feeds which means lots more wee and I've had leaks every morning recently.

Last night, I tried a pop-in dream dri with the night booster and the little soaker but this leaked even more! Over the next couple of nights, I will try adding the small insert to the BG and the large soaker to the pop-in but I'm not convinced that this will do the trick and, with the pop-in especially, will make a very bulky nappy!

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Maybe different boosters? The Little Weeds hemp insert is quite stiff so I'm reluctant to put another in...are there other boosters that aren't so stiff that would make for a softer nappy? Is bamboo better?

Thanks!

the Pop in DreamDri wont last nighttimes....have you tried the Bamboo Pop in ith the nightttime booster....they hold a load of wee !! i;m prefering fitted mighttime nappies at the moment as the pop in is getting to be too small for my LO ! i have Goodmama Goodnight which is great :thumbup: but they are a PAIN to get hold of !! i;m also on the hunt for a Holdens Landing Bedbug to try..they have them at www.jabulanappies.com but they dont have them in our size and not very girly colours......HTH's

sara

xxxxx

Thanks for the reply. I always thought that the only difference between the pop-in dream dri and the bamboo was the inserts and as I'm only using the small insert anyway but using the bamboo booster, would it make much of a difference swapping to the bamboo pop-in? Hope that makes sense?!

you really want to use both the soaker and booster in the pop-ins otherwise they wont last the night. I dont yet use the dri night booster but use both soaker and booster in the nappies at night...I dont think they would last without both in in either style.
The bamboo (original) pop-in is slightly less bulky and slightly more absorbent than the dream dri so if you can get hold of one its worth giving a go but I would leave OUT the dri night booster and just leave in both inserts....by taking out the larger soaker you have probably ended up with it gaping at the leg and the small insert can manage overnight pee by itself even with the dri night booster....taking out the large soaker will adjust the fit significantly so Id leave it in.
Holdens Landings bed bugs are good and so are Wee Notions Night Notions and a few others but I seem to always go for the bamboo pop-ins at the moment!

You could try just putting bamboo inserts in the BGs of course.

We have huge probs with finding night nappies that last all night, we have used Pop Ins (bamboo) Weenotions Night Notions, Bedbugs, Wild Child Night Nappies, nothing lasts the night for us.

From what I have tried, I would say the Weenotions and Wild Child are the most absorbent.

I would like to get a Goodmama Goodnight, but I am doubtful I will find a nappy that will last all night for us and so am hoping Freya starts to drink a bit less milk at some point, lol.

For overnight, we use pop-ins with both soakers and the night time booster. I've never tried without the big soaker but I wouldn't dare; it just wouldn't hold enough. With using all three bits, I've not actually noticed much difference between the bamboo and the dream dri, but if you do want to try a bamboo one, I have a couple for sale (bought too many!) for £8 each. I bought them preloved so they're not in perfect condition but they work fine :) PM me if you'd like to try one. They don't have the night time booster btw.

We're using fitted bamboo diapers with a bamboo booster and a Motherease wrap over top and have never had a leak. I find the fitted diapers good for nighttime since there is absorbant stuff all the way around, kinda like there is extra area for the pee to go on the nights when she is a heavy wetter, iykwim :) For fitted bamboo diapers we use a combination of Bamboozles, motherease one size and motherease Sandys.

I've never had a leak at night with Imi and we use Bamboozles (although just got a bamboo little lamb too) with 1 bamboo booster and a fleece liner. I use nature babies or motherease wraps and Imi sleeps about 11 hours. A BG never lasts us more than 3-4 hours!

Just thought I'd update you all on progress so far as you were all so nice to offer advice!

Well, the first night I just added the small mf booster to the BG - so had 1 x large mf, 1 x small mf and 1 x hemp little weeds. As suspected, this didn't work! The next night I somehow managed to force the pop-in dream dri on LO with both the inserts plus the dri night booster. No leaks! Or the next night :)

But to be honest, I hate how huuuge this nappy is on him - I feel so mean putting it on him. And it's so hard to get it so it doesn't gape round the legs because of the bulk. So I've ordered some different inserts to try out in the BG. I'd love to buy a WNNN or Bedbug but can't justify the extra expense at the moment so thought I'd see how the different inserts go for the moment - I figure I'll probably need them sometime to boost during the day. So I've got some P'tits Dessous bamboo and some Easy Peasy Hemp and bamboo. I don't know what to try first though!

Im prefering hemp to anything at the moment so Id be trying the hemp and bamboo first :)

Would that be hemp and bamboo on it's own - no microfbre? Does bamboo absorb as quickly as mf? Hope these new inserts are nice and slim!

Hemp is better than microfibre on the absorbency side.
If Im stuffing a pocket nappy for bedtime I have a 4 layer hemp insert I put in ontop of a 4 layer bamboo insert and no leaks with those and its pretty slim.
Personally I dont find microfibre performs well enough for nighttime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->