• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help with night time weeing

lilysmum2

Reaction score
Hi ladies, So my little girl is struggling with coming out of nappies at night time. She really is desperate to be a 'big girl' and not wear nappies at night.

She has been out of day time nappies for about a year, but night times are a struggle.
She always goes for a wee right before bed and putting nappy on. She does take a drink to bed.
Her older sister was out of daytime and nightime nappies within her third year of birth.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Give her more time, she will get there eventually

I left mine in pull ups at night until they have one week dry mornings and then simply stopped using pull-ups. It was stress free for both the kids and myself.

DD1 was 7 (quite normal)
DS was 5
DD2 was 2.5 (she stopped night weeks when she potty trained)

All the encouragement in the world will do nothing other than make your child feel like they are failing if they have an accident. You can't teach nighttime dryness, its a subconscious act that they have to reach by themselves.

Have you tried pyjama pants instead of nappies.We used the huggies ones when the size 6 nappies got a bit snug.

My DD is 6 and only just out of pull ups. IN the end, we stopped putting her in them and used huggies bed sheets. The HV suggested that we take her out of them so she would get the feeling of being wet. We had to strip the bed every night for three weeks, I was ready to give up but gradually we started getting a few dry nights and I also noticed that she was waking up every night to wee. In the end, she just got the hang of it. It took almost a month but now she is dry every night and wakes up to wee.

My DD was out of night time nappies at 3 and a half.

I stopped all drinks within an hour of bed time, had her go for a wee before bed, I go to bed late so would wake her slightly and take her to the toilet when I went to bed, then first thing in the morning straight to the toilet. It didn't take long for us but I have friends with kids the same age as my DD who are still in pull ups at night, every kids different.

But I definitely think stopping her from drinking anything before bed made a difference.

It's not something you can teach - it's a hormone reaction and some kids don't get the hormone until age 7. Just tell your daughter it's perfectly normal and she's not a baby or anything, she just needs some help at night, that's what the pants are for.

I agree with other posters. My experience with middle one was same...we just had to wait for her to sort herself out. She's a tall, solid child (fits 7-8 clothes) and the 6+ nappies were such a squeeze. I was almost at the point of having to gaffer tape them on!!!

Same thing with our boys, they are just not ready yet and have very wet nappies still in the morning. I would go with what pp suggested and tell her that it is perfectly normal and ok to still have nappies and it will come in time.
One of my twins is a big boy and I found that the Asda Little Angels 6+ are significantly larger than the 6+ pampers nappies. Worth a try?

DD1 is 7 and still in nappies at night. As long as they have a funky pattern she doesn't really note that it's nappies.
Huggins dry nites have some nice frozen design just now. (I'd buy them but DD1 is stilly skinny assed to fit size 6 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->