Help with puppy please

littlebabyboy

Reaction score
Ok so my puppy is 13 weeks old. still not properly trained yet but yesterday we did see some progress as i brought him outside and he did a wee wee i was really happy with him. but then i looked at the pee and noticed 2 tiny worms in it! i mean about a 1mm long! they were white. i think they are tapeworm segments or something? anyway he was due to be wormed so i wormed him yesterday after seeing the worms and he did his first poo since worming outside this morning and i had a quick look at it while putting it in the bin and couldn't see any worms in it? couldn't really check his wee as it had went down a crack between two bricks in the ground. but do worms not come out after giving a worm tablet? anyway my point is why did they come out in his wee yesterday? and is there a risk of them coming out of his bum while running around the house? i have beige carpet so there is a 0% chance of me seeing these worms on it. i only saw they outside because the ground is darker. Anyway i'm rambling! point is young kids on floor... puppy being wormed... will they get the worms???

https://www.dogchatforum.com/children-catch-worms-from-dogs.htm

Milbemax. The vet gave it to me! Haven't seen any worms out yet though! Just don't understand how there were 3 tiny worms in his wee?? Starting to wondering if they were on the ground already and he just hapened to pee where they were. Confused!

I thought worms came out in poo not wee?

Worms live in either the digestive tract or soft tissue. Roundworms are the most likely worms to be transferred to a human and these live in the digestive tract so aren't likely to come out in urine.

Milbemax is a good and effective wormer, so I'd your puppy did have a worm burden then any worms would come out dead anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->