Help with Soy Isoflavones

CAM

Reaction score
There have been a few posts on this but can someone please help me.

I have been trying to conceive for 18 months and nothing has happened at all..

My cycles have been 32-50 days long but my last period was 23rd January which means that this cycle so far has been 72 days!!!

But I am not sure if I am ovulating at all on the clear blue fertility monitor I never got a Peak just a high.

All has been checked with me and husband and all seems fine but as I am overweight at the moment I can not get any more help without going Private.

I am overweight but am very healthy not even high blood pressure. But will not get further help

So am thinking of trying Soy Isoflavones but need to know more!!! Should I start now or wait till my next Period but do not know how long more it will be!!
It has been 72 days already

Would it do any harm????
Thank you for helping in adavnce!!!

i would also like to know this ,is if anyone knows then plase share x

Hi Hun,

my cycles have always been irregular, many times I did ovulate, maybe 9/10 months a year, but some years even less!
My last cycle was more than around 68 days, I did eventually ovulate but at day 58...
then I decided to take soy, this is my first cycle and I ovulated at day 19, which is still a late ovulation but very early for my standards!

soy isoflavones are supposed to be the natural clomid, so they are taken in the same way. I took it day4 to day8 but many people do day3 to day7 or even day5 to day9.
If you take it earlier like day3 to day7 it is supposed to help you produce more follicles and if you take it later like day 5 to day 9, it will help you have a more mature egg.

It really helped me also with cm, I definitely recommend it. The dose varies depending on each person but with 200mg being the max and 40/80 the min you can take per day. Many people will increase the dose as days pass or after few cycles.

There is a thread with many ladies that are more expert than I am: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/271211-soy-isoflavones-natures-clomid.html

have a look, they will answer all your questions.

good luck

Great Question!

I am overweight too! I have a cycle every 33-36 days. I do not know if I ovulate. Last month I bought soy but did not use it I thought I would give it one more month!

Hi Hun,

my cycles have always been irregular, many times I did ovulate, maybe 9/10 months a year, but some years even less!
My last cycle was more than around 68 days, I did eventually ovulate but at day 58...
then I decided to take soy, this is my first cycle and I ovulated at day 19, which is still a late ovulation but very early for my standards!

soy isoflavones are supposed to be the natural clomid, so they are taken in the same way. I took it day4 to day8 but many people do day3 to day7 or even day5 to day9.
If you take it earlier like day3 to day7 it is supposed to help you produce more follicles and if you take it later like day 5 to day 9, it will help you have a more mature egg.

It really helped me also with cm, I definitely recommend it. The dose varies depending on each person but with 200mg being the max and 40/80 the min you can take per day. Many people will increase the dose as days pass or after few cycles.

There is a thread with many ladies that are more expert than I am: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/271211-soy-isoflavones-natures-clomid.html

good luck

so when you say day 3 to day 7 etc do you mean ,once you have started your peroid , once it finished then the 3rd day after that?
sorry for being simple ha i need things speeling out for me,

did you go doctors 1st?
or did you just decide to take the soy x

Hi Hun,

good luck

so when you say day 3 to day 7 etc do you mean ,once you have started your peroid , once it finished then the 3rd day after that?
sorry for being simple ha i need things speeling out for me,

did you go doctors 1st?
or did you just decide to take the soy x

You start counting the day as your period starts, so the first day of your period is cycle day1. from there you count onwards. My period started on March the 9th which is day1, I took soy day4 to day8 which is from 12th to 15th of March.

I did go to the gp, run all blood tests and everything is fine. DH did his SA test and came back fine. We were then referred to the infertility department but under the NHS takes ages so I am still considering whether to go private.... but I am secretly hoping I'll get my BFP with no intervention...

Good luck hun

how did you know that you must take it those days?

sorry for all the questions, but some women say they take it eg 3-7 then 9-12 , just made that up but i mean they take it in 2 doses with a bigger dose the second lot x

how did you know that you must take it those days?

sorry for all the questions, but some women say they take it eg 3-7 then 9-12 , just made that up but i mean they take it in 2 doses with a bigger dose the second lot x

I am not sure what to answer. I simply trusted all ladies running the threat I told you in my previous post. The principle is that if soy iso is the natural clomid then you should take like you'd take clomid. I never took clomid so I am not sure of doses and days but these ladies were talking about day3 to 7 for more follicles or day5 to 9 for more mature egg and I didn't know what my problem really was, so I decided to take it on average days: day4 to 8 which ended up working really well for me. If it didn't I'd probably change days this cycle, adjusting according to the length and the O date.

I am sure that if you ask those girls they will be able to tell you more.

hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->