Help with the name Cara

HopingFor2v1

Soon to be Mommy of 2
Reaction score
We are expecting DD #2 and DH's favorite name is Cara while my favorite girls name is Reese. I like it Cara, but I just don't feel like it's "right". I think Cara is too short, so I'm trying to find other variations to see if it grows on me. So far, I've only come up with Carrington and Caroline with her nickname bring Cara. Any other ideas??

I've always had a soft spot for Cara!

Carmen
Carolina
Carmel
Carrigan
Carrie

Good luck finding your name!

Other names that share sounds from both names are Caris and Ciara/Keira.

Other names that share sounds from both names are Caris and Ciara/Keira.

Thanks for the suggestions! I love the name Carys/Caris, but we have friends who have a daughter named that. Clara is also super popular around where we are, and we have a few friends with DD's that have that name.

I hadn't thought of Ciara/Keira before, those are pretty! I'll have to run them past DH.:thumbup:

Carissa as well.. I'm stuck on trying to combine them. And I forgot to mention before that Ciara/Keira are both pronounced keer-uh.

Carissa as well.. I'm stuck on trying to combine them. And I forgot to mention before that Ciara/Keira are both pronounced keer-uh.

My daughter is Keira. We love the name, obviously :flower:

I thought of Coralie, but maybe Caralie could work? Xx

I love Cara it was on my list but OH didnt like it :wacko: I personally think its fine on its own :flower:

I love Cara it was on my list but OH didnt like it :wacko: I personally think its fine on its own :flower:

Cara is a truly beautiful name, but I just don't "feel" it, if that makes any sense. My husband thinks I'm :wacko:

Also, I found out today that a very close friend is naming her daughter Kira. Baby Kira is due any day now, which is so exciting. After I told DH, he seems to have gone off of his Cara kick.

Sounds like you are definitely going off Cara but just wanted to add you can also spell it Caragh. What about Catriona?

Hiya
I would say Ka-treen-ah, with emphasis on the treen bit.
All the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->