Help with timing!!

purple hugs

Reaction score
Hi we have been ttc for 2 years now and still nothing :( Is once every two day enough to be trying??? Please help im going outta my mind.

Hi we have been ttc for 2 years now and still nothing :( Is once every two day enough to be trying??? Please help im going outta my mind.

Have you been to see anyone about not conceiving yet? Every other day should be enough & if sperm quality is good daily is ok.

Do you chart your cycle to get an idea if your ovulating & when. Then you will have a better idea for timing.

I start BD about 3 days before O, every day or every other day until O or day after O. I would definately see a gyn and at least get the preliminary testing done. You don't want to be in the dark about your body.

Hi thanks for your replies :) yes we have both been to see the gyn and im now on clomid 2nd cycle i know round about when i o with pains and ewm. DH's sperm is fine and i had an HSG and everything was fine. Its just DH works shifts so its only every 2nd day we BD and im worried its not enough.

I usually on BD twice during the fertile time. Rarely 3 times, and sometimes only once. "They" keep saying it only takes once, but I'm starting to doubt "them"! :shrug:

"They" keep saying it only takes once, but I'm starting to doubt "them"! :shrug:

Remember when we were young and they were talking about how easy it was to have an accident? Like you said "They" say it only takes once, I tried 7 in this cycle (my first), lets see what happens.

It does only take once but two or three times in your fertile window up your odds. Depending on the sperm count, one deposit may not be enough, as it takes several sperm to crack the egg so to speak but only one fertilizes. So the more the better.
I just read that your odds are best days one and two before O. O day is not so good, if that is the only day because it takes sperm about ten hours to reach the egg and they can be fatigued. Much better if they are resting and waiting for the egg to come. Three and four days before O, give you greater odds surprisingly than O day.
Here again though age comes into play if you bd on O day. The egg begins to disintegrate after ovulation - how fast depends on the quality and quality often depends on age but not always. So for those O day or later bders, you have a better chance with younger eggs. Even if you do fertilize, an egg that began the process it does not have a good survival rate as a fresh egg, so all the more reason to bd often and early. I try for everyday if possible when I have fertile cm.
Happy bding:flower:

I am in the TTC Crazy club cause this is my first month trying.

I hit em all just to be sure. We did O-6, O-5, O-4, O-3, O-2, O-1, O, and late on 1 DPO.

This was the fist time DH actually tried turning me down cause he was tired after day 7...ha ha ha I juts said it was prime baby making time and we need to play the bedtime bingo. I tried coming up with other finny names that rhymed but couldn't find any.

I've done 3-0, 2-0 but that's going to it this cycle....I think I may ovulate today. My dh has yet to do a SA but we are both 40 now so I'm not sure if that is enough. It feels like a lottery to me.....

I've done 3-0, 2-0 but that's going to it this cycle....I think I may ovulate today. My dh has yet to do a SA but we are both 40 now so I'm not sure if that is enough. It feels like a lottery to me.....

I have seen charts where it took one time and it worked so you have doubled your odds.

Yep, I know a lady on another forum who did it once over 3 months, was trying not to conceive but ovulated early and fell pregnant! In her late 30s like me.

So it can happen. I am trying to do it every 2nd day, but it is exhausting at times trying to keep me and OH motivated. I never thought I would get fed up of having sex! So far we have done CD 10, CD12, CD14. EWCM started CD11 and is still there (and more abundant) today (CD15). I am thinking we will have to try and fit in another 1 or 2 sessions as suspect ovulation is around CD18-19.

I think every 2 days is enough. My friend is seeing a fertility expert and they say every 2-3 days is fine.

Good luck everyone :)

the earlier before Ovulation the better I'd say. I am 41 (42 next month) currently 16 weeks pregnant from having sex 4 days before I ovulated (early that month) which was the only time we did it that cycle.....so yes, it can only take the one time however timing is everything! :-D as a previous poster said, it's important that the sperm is in there already waiting eagerly for that egg to erupt, so definitely do it BEFORE Ovulation.... up to a week before for sure since sperm can and do really live that long.
xxx

Kimmo congratulations x it is wonderful to hear your story..... I ovulated a couple of days later than I originally planned for...so sperm wld have been 3/4 days old so there is hope for me yet....and always wonderful to hear of ladies in their 40s getting pregnant.....I turned 40 in may so it would wonderful if it happened to me too. X

thanks blythe...us women can do it - we have the power! xx

the earlier before Ovulation the better I'd say. I am 41 (42 next month) currently 16 weeks pregnant from having sex 4 days before I ovulated (early that month) which was the only time we did it that cycle.....so yes, it can only take the one time however timing is everything! :-D as a previous poster said, it's important that the sperm is in there already waiting eagerly for that egg to erupt, so definitely do it BEFORE Ovulation.... up to a week before for sure since sperm can and do really live that long.
xxx

Wow, thanks for the positive words.

I am worrying that didn't do it at the right time, but you've made me feel better.

Just have to wait and see now. 4 days before ovulation........ Wow!

the more days prior to ovulation you can manage to ensure there is a big supply in there, the better! Keep us posted - it's really exciting for you SaraJewel - can't wait to hear when you get your BFP! xxx

Last month I tried every day for a week leading up to O and a couple days after. This time I am adding Pre-Seed and I am going to focus my BDing more on the days closer to O but more frequent. The problem is that I am doing OPKs and temping but since this is only my second month I am not completely sure when I will O. Last month it was CD16 so I will assume at this point that it will be the same and plan accordingly.

I hear such great things about Pre-Seed but I am am trying not to get my hopes up.

I to can't figure out the optimum days, just placed an order for pre-seed, hopefully that will help. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->