Help working out dates, who's the dad?

Angelmiss3

Reaction score
Hi people I'm new and looking for some advice. Please don't judge me.

I'm 33 weeks and 4 days and so confused and just want some help putting my mind at rest with dates.

I had a one night stand with a friend ( Big mistake ) on the 21st October unprotected. ( We never used protection as I caught an infection when I was younger that left scarring on my tubes and was told it would be difficult to get pregnant. Anyway I met my lovely boyfriend around the 28th October. We started sleeping together from the beginning of November.

I soon found out I was pregnant. I never kept track of my periods, but knew it was around early November.

I had a scan at 5 weeks 5 days which put my due date at 17th August, however at my 20 week scan my due date changed to the 13th August.

If I type in my due date it comes up
Ovulation date: Tue, November 20th ,2012
Conception date: Tue, November 20th ,2012
Implantation date: Thu, November 29th ,2012
Due date: Tue, August 13th ,2013

And that my last period was the 6th Nov.

I'm just wondering who the dad is?
I mean even if I didn't have a period would sperm last that long to the conception date given? Looking for a little help, I really appreciate it.

Also what does it actually mean when your due date is changed?

It's you boyfriend sperm can usually only live for a week inside you so October 20-November 20 is way to long for it to be the other guy

If any Doubt get a DNA test when baby is born

No doubt your boyfriends. No way the friends sperm lived that long if it was just the one time in October. Plus the period you had early November.

If baby is measuring ahead in following scans it's probably just them having a growth spurt or could mean bub will be a little bigger than average. I know my doctor goes by the original scan due date, as all babies grow at their own pace.

I would say your boyfriends. I dont think sperm can live past a week, usually only 5 days.

Yeah, if you had a period since the one-night-stand, that pretty much cancels him out as the dad. Even if you didn't, sperm can only live a week at the very most (like others have said) so if you got pregnant from the one-night-stand, you would be further along than you are (and due earlier).

Supposedly scans before 12 weeks are pretty accurate for dating a pregnancy, so I would trust what they told you and be pretty certain it's your boyfriend's. Would be some kind of medical miracle if it weren't :)

BTW, here's a great website for tracking your period (after baby is born and it shows up again) https://www.mynextperiod.com/home . It sends email reminders to mark your dates, so you never forget. Supposedly there are iphone apps too, but I'm still living in the dark ages with my desktop PC :)

Don't worry, it's the boyfriend.

I'm due exactly the same day as you and I was thoroughly charting ovulation etc, under care of doctors so I know I conceived on Tuesday 20th November. Only difference between you and I is that my period was 9th November.

Hope that puts you at ease. No-one judges here so don't stress.

x

It is your boyfriends. I was pregnant a few years ago with the same due date (8/17) and was trying to get pregnant so I knew exactly when I ovulated and conceived, and it was right around the 20th of November. There is no way the other sperm lived that long, even a whole week is really pushing it. I always heard 3/4 days was the average. If you would have conceived from your one night stand you would be due a month earlier in mid-July.

I agree, sounds like its your boyfriends

I would say the same as the other girls, v likely to be your boyfriend.

HOWEVER. I would say that you should get a DNA test done anyway. Having/raising a child is a serious responsibility and just relying on dates of what you are 'pretty sure' is right would be massively unfair if it turns out to be wrong. You could have got the dates mixed, ovulated way later than you thought, etc etc. there are just so many variables that could be different I don't honk it's fair to base the raising of your child on what we all think is the most likely thing to have happened.
Your boyfriend shouldn't judge you if you explain the situation to him. Just say I'm 99% it's yours but I need to be 100% as otherwise it's not fair on you, the baby or the other guy. I'm sure he will understand as its the right thing to do. That way you can all put your mind at rest and get on with raising a happy family with no niggling doubts in your mind. I would always rather know than be left in the dark. If it ever turned out that bubs wasn't your boyfriends and there was the chance that you knew then it would be so unfair on everyone.
Good luck, no one should judge you. You just need to do what's right for everyone involved x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->