Help!

Frooty

Reaction score
My son dropped my phone in the sink was only in there about 10 secs i dried it out for a little while and it switches on ok but the screen is jumpy and sometimes doesn't unlock. I have a water damage indicator on the phone and according to it the phone isn't water damaged. I have hard reset my phone and the screen is ok so far but im scared in a few days it just wont work. Any ideas on what i can do im thinking of taking it to a phone shop see if they can have a look at it.

if the water damage indicator thing is not red, just take it in but dont tell them its been in water as the wont fix it :)

not red at all just a white square with lots of puple x's no smudges or anything

well that's ok:) i went in and told them i'd dropped mine in the toilet :dohh: and they wouldn't do anything because it was water damage even though the indicator was still white, so if it started playing up, just tell them a little white lie and say its just been acting weird!

nope, had to get a new phone! they wouldn't even take it because its water damage and i never had insurance! if you have insurance you will be find if your insurance covers water damage, but if you don't i wouldn't tell them its water damage as they won't do anything about it

Probably a silly question but how do you know if your phone has a water damage indicator, I have a HTC Wildfire and my kitten knocked a glass of water over and I have no idea how long it was sat in a puddle of water for, OH says leave it a few days to dry out then try charging it??

Should be under the bat its a white square or circle and if red means water damage

Ooopss no indicator but lots of rusty looking water, didnt realise it was quite that bad :nope:

if you drop a phone in water you can try leaving it in a bag of rice over night the theory is the rice absorbs the moisture but ive not had need to try it

I was going to say, about the rice

Switch the phone off and don't try doing anything with it as you could end shorting out bits that have wet around them. Take the battery etc out, pop it in a bag of dry rice in a warm cupboard for 24 hours, this will draw the moisture out of the phone and it should be fine to use

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->