Help! [

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
how do you get to work? I have just been offered a apprenticeship job, for an office company. My first ever job. :thumbup:

Anyway, The problem:

Its about 4 miles away, And i dont drive. Or have a bike. how do you all get to work?

Also, its 9-5 which means childcare for Ds, and something for DD after and before school.

Which means it wil have to be at least half a good pay.. but then its a PROPER job which can carry on and i can move up the ladder. What would you do?:shrug::dohh:

Do you not have any public transport where you are?

yes but the place where work is is in the middle of nowhere

I would look at the bus route, you might get one nearby then have to walk half a mile or something? Or look into the bike thing? I know how hard it is hun, I only learnt to drive 2 years ago and I had jobs in remote places but just had to get a bus as far as I could then walk the rest of the way. You might be able to get lifts once you've started from people who work there. x

Ask if they have a car share scheme?

I get a train to the main town which takes 3 minutes, then walk which takes about 10 minutes. A job I used to have I used to get a train which took an hour and a half then walk for 30 minutes, uphill! Killed me :haha:

to walk would take me 40mins down country lanes, i dont fancy that tbh lol

Check the buses. You may be surprised. Also agree with Lellow and ask if they have any car share schemes.

And congratulations!!

I'd call up the job and ask, I imagine someone would be passing and happy to pick you up, or they can givenyounideas for buses etc.

Congratulations

I would walk, I think 4miles would take about 35mins but if its dangerous then I would buy a cheap bike or bus/taxi and then ask others if they could give you lift x

Car share/invest in a bike/buses?

I work 4 miles from my house and walk it. Luckily its all main roads and well lit though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->