help!

Either way you have to go and see the doctor/midwife anyway, and i dont think its a ridiculous ask for your parents to ask for you to go and get it confirmed, it probably wont sink in for them until the doctor confirms it. However, if you are from the UK? They dont usually confirm pregnancy at the Drs they take 2 positive preg tests as a POSITIVE, as they use the same../ They just book you into a midwife appointment.
If your boyfriend isnt being supportive now, who says he will be in a few months time? However it probably jsut hasnt sunk in for him yet.
Many people say that women become mums when they become pregnant and men become fathers when they see their child, hopefully that wont be the case!

I say just get through the first Dr appointment and then go from there with your plans :) its good that your parents are supportive and i dont see why your boyfriend seems unhappy about that, unless he's a bit jealous that they are involved and he wants the whole experience to be about you and him?
OR maybe its the fact if its confirmed, it will all become real to him and he doesnt want to admit that to himself yet?

Anyway good luck and congrats :)

Sorry I changed the thread, I didn't want to seem whiney haha. And I'm not sure what it is. Maybe once we can do an ultrasound and he sees it, he will fill with joy. I live in the us.

I just got really confused lol.... Then read that you'd changed the original post.

My first midwife appointment we just discussed dates, my anomaly scan, she asked about family history of blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, certain mental illnesses, stuff like that :) told me how much weight I should gain on average based on my weight and height right now :)

My first midwife appointment was height, weight, bloods and lots and lots of form filling!

Lots and lots of paperwork! I was in there for around 90 minutes and she wasn't running late or anything! They ask you loads of questions about both parents family history and then general things about you. Then you get weighed and height taken so they can determine your bmi. Then I got given a folder full of booklets and leaflets to take away and read. And thats pretty much it i think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->