Help?

MissConduct

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I need some input. I've been charting for two months (this being my second month) but only TTC this month. Last month I was pretty sure that I OV'd on CD17 as it followed the three and six rule (three temps higher than the previous six); however, after seeing the two charts in comparison so far, I've noticed that I have a spike in temp on CD9 with a significant drop in temp (0.8F) on CD10 for both months with a slow rise to follow. This has been essentially identical with my past two charts, which I find interesting.

I'm now using an OPK, as I found charting to be too stressful (causing me to put too much pressure on my poor husband), which was negative yesterday (CD13). I'm interested to see if it turns into a positive over the next few days, but I can't overlook that spike and subsequent drop!

As a little background, my cycle is typically 28 days (almost flawlessly) and my AF is usually only 3 or 4 days.

Thanks!

Sorry, wondering if it could be a sign of ovulation. I seem to have a slow rise, so I don't tend to see a spike following OV. I'm wondering if this could likely be a sign of ovulation since it seems to be consistent between my two charts and the only true drop that I see in my cycle (although, I know that an OV doesn't necessarily always have a drop). Does anyone else ever see such a dramatic drop and does it usually come with OV for you?

Sorry, hoping that makes a little more sense! Just noticing a pattern with it and thinking it may be connected to my OV.

I have always stayed away from temping and charting/ovulation kits because it seems like bad "ju ju" ...everyone I've known personally who temps and OPK's don't end up getting pregnant until they stop doing that!!! Lol so...with that being said I do however pay attention to other signs such as cervical mucous, ovulation pains, breast swelling, etc and I do look at my cycle days and am generally aware of what CD I'm on. So far it's worked for my past 3 times getting preg... And only took me around 2 cycles with each of them to get preg. Tell me some more of your symptoms?

I have studied how temping works though... And I know if your basal temp stays up that means there is a good chance you ovulated and if it doesn't drop usually can mean you got preg cause your temp raises being preg. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) but that's what I know about it.

I don't see a sudden drop or a rise in my temps when I OV, its more gradual. My cycles are 24-28 days and I OV on day 9-12. It varies. My temps are like yours and Fertility friend can't pinpoint my ovulation date on every month, so I use OPK's and cm to confirm OV. To be safe, we BD starting CD8 every second day until after the OPK's become faint again, so like a 8-9 days. It is a lot of pressure but you have all your bases covered that way. You also should be aware about when you take your temps, are you always doing it at the same time and right after you wake up, before you move around?

For some strange reason, my browser crashes when I try to add my chart.

I knew nothing about charting before seeing my ONGYN for a pre-conception appointment. He had suggested it.

Here is what has happened since posting last:

My temp is currently nearly 2 degrees higher than my original dip. Perhaps the dip is a sign that OV is coming and not necessarily that is has occurred(?) because I had a temp raise of 0.7F following the dip with another small dip on CD13 and then a subsequent raise of 0.9F over the next three days. I'm currently in the mid 98s - specifically 98.6F - which is high for me.

I wish I could show you the chart! My numbers are much higher than they were at this time in my last cycle. While I know cycles can vary, it's quite substantial.

As for symptoms, I have itchy nipples (which is so fun...), almost a feeling of goosebumps, some random short-term nausea, moodiness, and some slight cramping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->