help...

Shedevil18

Reaction score
So today I am 5 weeks 4 days.

Sunday night my fiance and I DTD and afterwards I had spotting only when I wiped. it went away yesterday and all was good.

This morning when I went to the bathroom all was good. I just went to the bathroom again and the spotting has returned, I don't know if it was cause I strained a little to go number 2 (sorry TMI) or if I should be worried? Could my cervix just be extra sensitive and any little pressure is making it bleed?

We lost our baby in May of this year and I am so scared it is going to happen again...

what would you ladies do?

if your worried call and get checked out but spotting is really common in early pregnancy and can just be the uterus getting rid of lining not needed. ive stopped sex as we dtd and i was in agony afterwards for days so ended up at hospital after some spotting and found 2 healthy heartbeats aswell as a small cyct.hope your ok xx

When I was 6+ something we dtd and afterwards (sorry tmi) when the semen made its way back out it was bloody. But that was all it was. Several days later I had some random spotting that lasted 1 day. An early scan at 7+ something revealed a small haematoma next to the baby which explained the blood. I have had nothing since.

Maybe try to get a scan (leave it till 6 weeks if you can to help assure the heartbeat is seen)... It could be the same as I had.

If it was me, I would try and get checked if you can, just for your peace of mind :hugs: xx

I would suggest trying to not worry yourself overly, as the cervix has very tiny delicate blood vessels in it that are easily damaged, especially when pregnant and it can easily happen after sex. Then they might have been damaged and the bowel movement made them bleed again. It's still important to get checked, hopefully they'll give you a scan hehe, but in the meantime I would try to relax about it x
I understand that's difficult of course, I'm so sorry about your loss.

Thanks everyone... I'm trying to be calm but it is so hard after everything that has already happened :(

Easier said than done but try to not worry to hard. It's good you're calling your OB :thumbup: Spotting in early pregnancy, especially after any activity that may irritate your cervix is normal and can be ok! Today I had a vaginal ultrasound to confirm pregnancy and she said over and over again how it's ok if I spot because something was poking around in there, I can only imagine DTD could do the same. :hugs:

The exact same thing I posted about a week ago. I too have spotting (only when I wipe) after sex and after a bowel movement. Its always light pink and this is something that has NEVER happened to me before, which prompted my suspections of pregnancy even more. Please update us when you find out what it is. I haven't had a chance to schedule an appointment with my primary Dr yet, because she's booked this month. In the meantime, I'm going to try and fit a pregnancy test into my schedule this week to know for sure. But good luck. Hope everything turns out positive.

so I called my OBs office on Tuesday and they recommended me go to the ER where I had a previous miscarriage. Sat in the ER for 8 hours!

Doctor did a scan and he could see a fetal pole and that was it, he said I was to early to see anything else. HCG came back at over 4600 and my cervix was closed. He said I have a small abrasion on my cervix which looked like was causing my bleeding. He told me to get blood work again in 48 hours to make sure my HCG was doubling like it should. Had this done this morning, will be calling my doctor this afternoon to get the number.

Still having some spotting. It comes and goes but feeling a but better about all of this but it is still stressful.

I'm glad that you have being seen.
Hopefully the spotting eases soon.
Good luck with today's betas xx

Got my beta results from this morning

They have gone up!! It was only technically a day and a half since I had them redone

December 8th - 300
December 15th - 4600
December 17th - 6843

I know it hasnt doubled since I had it last done but going up is good right?!?

I think that's definitely looking good! Fingers crossed for you. <3

The spotting has completely stopped :)
Seeing my OB on the 29th, hope all goes well with this baby

Yay numbers look good. After like 1500 they take longer to double. I can find the chart in a moment. Hope all goes well on the 29th!

In many early pregnancies, the hCG level will double every 31 to 72 hours. As the pregnancy progresses, hCG levels rise and the doubling time increases.

"Normal" Doubling Time ~ hCG levels Doubling Time
Under 1200 mIU/ml ~31-72 hours
Between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml ~ 72-96 hours
Over 6000 mIU/ml ~ more than 96 hours

hCG levels rise during the first 6 to 10 weeks of pregnancy then decline slowly during the second and third trimesters.
* from countdown to pregnancy's beta calculator

OB called with a cancellation, I am seeing her today instead :)

She said everything is looking good! She is sending me for an early ultrasound where I had a MC back in May so around 8 - 9 weeks :)

Hopefully this time I get to see my baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->