help!!!!!!

sophie

Mum of 2 pg with no3!
Reaction score
Ive just got back from doctors with a rash on my wrist he's told me ive got shingles(sp), as u prob know ive just found out im pg an ive heard shingles can cause m/c, doc wouldn't confirm/deny this!
Also my mil's sis is a nurse an she said she's never ever seen shingles on the wrist and ide be in a lot of pain?? my head is shot away right now :(
Any advice would be great cos im worried sick!
thanks

Hi Sophie,

I would get another opinion (see another dr), I dosn't sound like shingles to me, and could simply just be a rash. What does the rash look like? I bunch of spidery lines, or little bumps or what? Typically shingles covers more then just a wrist.

i thought shingles started at the back?? mibbe im wrong though!!id get a 2nd opinion 2!!! xx hope ur ok :hugs:

thanks for ur replys girls!
The rash is about the size of 2 50 oence peices an its red with little yellow blisters, im not in any pai, which readin up it sounds like i would be with shingles but ive also read since postin this that if it is shingles then it wouldnt affect my unborn baby cos ive already had chickenpox which i have! i got this from nhs direct
Pregnancy and shingles Chickenpox and shingles are caused by the varicella zoster virus. Chickenpox is a very contagious disease that commonly affects children, but is usually mild. Most people are immune to chickenpox because they had it as a child. Even if you've already had chickenpox, the virus remains inactive in your body and you may get shingles (herpes zoster) in later life if the virus is reactivated. This can happen if your immune system is low - so is more common in older people, people who are run down, people with AIDS and people receiving treatment for cancer.Shingles usually lasts for 2-4 weeks. It starts with a tingling sensation and pain in the area affected - this can vary from person to person but it tends to follow the nerve lines such as the face or around the waist. You may have a fever and feel unwell. After about five days a rash appears on one side of the body, often over the ribs. The rash starts as blisters and after about three days they turn yellowish, then crust over. If you come into contact with someone with shingles, you cannot catch shingles from them, but you can catch chickenpox from them if you've never had it.Shingles is not transmitted through the air (from coughs and sneezes) like chickenpox is. It can only be caught from contact with the rash. This is why the rash, which is usually on the body, should be kept covered.If you get shingles while you are pregnant there's no risk of complications to your baby. This is because you are already immune to chickenpox. If you get chickenpox while you are pregnant there is a risk to your baby (see separate topic).If you are pregnant and know you are not immune to chickenpox (because you didn't have it as a child) it is very important to avoid anyone with chickenpox or shingles. If you do come into contact with anyone with chickenpox or shingles see your GP immediately or call NHS Direct on 0845 4647.

xx

I'd call NHS DIrect and check, then they can see if you need to see a doc over the weekend.

I always thought it was only on your belly :? Hope u r ok hun :hugs:

personally i dont think it is shingles! he asked another doc to come look an she said it was aswell :?: i think its cos i said i was in pain which its hurtin but im not in pain as in i need painkillers :? anyway i feel fine not ill so i will just see how i am monday an go back if need be!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->