Help!

MummytoOscar

& one in the oven <3
Reaction score
I am really not sure how to sort this but thought that some of you on here must have had similar problems or have a solution that we haven't thought of! :confused:

We went out in the car today with Oscar and my oh's lil boy Jack who is 3. Now Jack has discovered that when he presses the red button it releases the seat belt! So now we're having to constantly check that the seatbelt is done up, as he undoes it whenever he pleases. Have also noticed after a trip out this afternoon that he had also undone Oscars belt too! :shock:

Any ideas of anything that might be available to buy that could prevent this or any experience/suggestions of how to stop it?

We have tried to explain how serious it is that he MUST wear his seatbelt and that the police will tell us off if he doesn't wear it etc, but he's only 3 and doesn't understand how serious it could be.

HELP!!! :idea:

their is a booster seat u can get from 12 months plus from toy rus, i'll try and find the thread for u, it has a arm on it so they can't reach the sit bealt to undo it, or u could cover it up with something so if he can reach it, he woulnd't be able to undo it.

i can't find the thread at the moment hun, cos the website is down.

perminant marker to make the buttons black??

I think if you google, there are coverups for the belts so they can't get their hands on them. Maybe try to tie a cloth around it for now?

I found a clip that attaches to the seatbelt and covers the red button!!!! :happydance:

Never seen them before, thanks for all of your suggestions.

If anyone else needs them the website is: https://www.childsplaysussex.co.uk/erol.html#11212x0&&https:%2F%2Fwww.childsplaysussex.co.uk%2F

smack his arse......;)

sorry :lol: not very good with the advice thing

:lol: Newt!!!!

That site doesn't have the ability to link to seperate products so you can search:
'Amadeus Seat Belt Safety Cover'

Good idea!

remind me never to let you babysit newt:rofl:

thats really clever I'm saving that:happydance:

Carry a roll of silver duct tape in the car and place a strip around seatbelt buttons on every trip.... Can be bought for cheap at any hardware store.Do this until he outgrows this habit.

My boy is 3 in a couple of weeks and he KNOWS he will be in BIG trouble if he undoes his seat belt.

If he has undone it we make a big fuss of being very cross and make a point of stopping the car and doing him up again. Ewan did get very upset but i really wanted to reinforce that it is very bad to undo the seat belt when driving.

So we have now got him to ask 'Please can i undo my self?' once we have stopped the car, and we make a huge fuss on him being a big boy when he asks and does it correctly.

It sounds harsh but i think its something that you need to be really stern about.

My LC had this problem. She poured water into the buckle to rust it so baby couldn't open it anymore! needless to say, there are some better suggestions! :rofl:

i know, i know, i know, i know. bounce bounce bounce bounce

Leeannes marbles :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"