Help?!

DrakensMom

Mother of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
On monday my son had a fever of 38.8 and was hardly eating and lethargic.
We took him to the hospital to get him checked out because he had been in contact with someone who had pneumonia (didn't know it was pneumonia).
4 Dr's checked his lungs to make damn sure and they said its not his lungs and said that he probably just has a really bad cold.
We came home and the next day his fever went down drastically, the following day he was almost back to normal other than not wanting to eat real food, just his bottle.
yesterday morning he woke up at 6 am just Screaming, this is the 1st time hes ever screamed. Both Wednesday and Thursday he missed his 2nd nap.
Putting him to bed last night he screamed for almost an hour, when we held him he would be ok for a bit then start screaming and rubbing his eyes.
Now all morning if hes not sleeping hes screaming and crying.
I've never really had this before. Could it be just because hes got a cold, or a mix of being sick and tired?
Could he even be more sick than we thought? he doesn't have a fever what so ever any more.

I would be inclined to get a doctor's appointment. It could just be a cold, but maybe it would be worth checking x

Thats what i was thinking, i will be taking him in later today.

Poor little tyke! Yeh, Id take him to the dr just in case its something less obvious like an ear infection thats causing him pain. My LO had a fever of 38.2 last weekend, it was horrid, he just cried soooo much and couldnt sleep which meant none of us did, so i know how you feel :hugs:

It's not an ear infection, they did check both on monday.
He's been happy and playing now (compared to this morning), but just a little more easy to piss off.

I would def take him to the dr. today. I remember several times when my boys were little, that they were checked one day and had no ear infection, and the very next day got quite ill and were found to have one. They can get sick/sicker so quickly when they are babies. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->