Help?

B

birdiex

Hi girls :flow:

After an altercation last night with MIL, it seems to have been the straw that broke the camels back. I'd love to be able to move out but until april next year (when I get the savings that my grandmother has saved for me), I can't afford to do it. I really don't want to be here with her anymore, and while there's always room at my parents house and they've offered, because of the fued with OH and my parents, that's not doable at all.

I was reading lilosmum's thread, and somebody mentioned housing benefit. I'm not sure if I qualify because I am in full time education but pregnant, and we live with MIL but I'd need housing benefit to be able to move out, because of all the expense in getting set up (bond, deposit ect). Does anyone know if I'd be entitled to housing benefit or anything else that means I'd be able to get my own place with OH? I work around 10 hours a week and OH has a 12 hour contract, so we both come in under the limits.

Would I be eligible even though I'm in full time education? It's pretty important now, because this house is mank (even though I spend most of my time trying so hard to clean it), I can't deal with MIL anymore and there's not enough room for LO.

Thanks for all the help girls! I really didn't want to have to apply for benefits but sometimes it's just the way the cookie crumbles :nope:

i didn't want to read and run but i know that there's a estimate thing you can do and it tells you if your eligable. i'll find it for you. x

EDIT ~~~ here's the website. https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DoItOnlineByCategory/DG_172666

Sorry about your situation, but let me just tell you there is nothing wrong with living off benefits. It is stereotyped to be bad, because some teen mothers live off benefits for the rest of their lives and don't even bother get an education or a job! I'm living off benefits for atleast 2 years until I get a full time job, so me and baby can be happy. :)

But if you are in full time education you CAN claim benefits still especially with a baby on the way.

Sorry about your situation, but let me just tell you there is nothing wrong with living off benefits. It is stereotyped to be bad, because some teen mothers live off benefits for the rest of their lives and don't even bother get an education or a job! I'm living off benefits for atleast 2 years until I get a full time job, so me and baby can be happy. :)

But if you are in full time education you CAN claim benefits still especially with a baby on the way.

Thankyou - I always feel bad thinking about it because I don't want people to think I'm lazy or that I had my baby to get a house or something. Some people are so narrow minded and love to judge! :hugs:

I know, just don't watch them. Many people and I am including mothers who are wild and still sleep around, have been telling me not in these exact words but along these lines that I won't be a good mother. What do they know? Yes I used to be wild and always go partying, but as soon as I found out I was pregnant I have not been smoking or drinking and I have not even been out with my friends as much. People will judge, but that's life babe. We just gotta ignore them haterssss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->