Help!!!

heather118

Mum of 2 & pregnant #3
Reaction score
My LO is feeding really well, but im having a problem with too much milk. i feel like i could feed the 5000. Im leaking through my bra, pads, and tops several times each day.
Im not sure if i should express or not, cos i dont want to be producing even more.
Does anyone have any suggestions??

I had this problem, lol. I used to express and put it in the freezer. It does settle down, a little anyways. Good luck and hope u have heaps of breast pads!

If i remember correctly i think the first 6weeks (could be 3?) your breast just keep on filling up when they are empty. After the 6week period it is more of a feed on demand basis. So as and when your LO needs it. The only thing i can suggest is just to wear pads and bear with it, it will settle down once your breast are producing for your LO's needs and not producing for the sake it.

I don't think i'm explaining very well, Margerle is like the guru of breastfeeding she would be able to explain better than me :D

If you can feel yourself leaking applying pressure to the nipple and surrounding area can stop the flow, you can look a bit strange if you do it out and about though. All I could ever do was to wear bulky cardigans, luckily it's winter.

ITA with everyone else, I recall constantly leaking in the beginning and here I am now 8.5 months PP and dont remember the last time I leaked. It should calm down once your body establishing how much your baby really needs to be full. All I can suggest is double or triple up on pads, wear lose tops that might be a little big and bulky and nurse on demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->