help

TabbyCakes

Pregnant 2nd trimester ;)
Reaction score
I am 17 and just got two positive test and i am 4 days late. I was just wondering how you guys told your parents. Please help me out.

I told mine via text... It is not recommended to do this as I made my dad cry... Just sit them down and tell them!

Well its just my dad. My mom past away in Febuary. Im positive im pregnant but i kinda wanna go to the doctor before i tell him .

I didnt really telll my mum, we both guessed when i was throwing up constantly, after that i took a test and after my positive result, my mum told the rest of my family cos i didnt want to. Try not to stress about it, get it over and done with - your family will come round xx

Go to the doctors, get the results and sit him down. He'll appreciate your honesty and also, since you took it in your own hands to go to the docs it shows maturity...

Sorry about your mum

Good luck! x

Should my boyfriend (the father) be there when i tell him ?

Should my boyfriend (the father) be there when i tell him ?

That one is totally up to you! If you think your father will take it better that way then yeah. Is he willing to stand by you?

Aw, well thats good...
Do what you think is right for your dad to find out!

Good luck telling your dad. The only thing you can do that I would suggest is sit him down and tell him right away. I hate the thought of doing it over the phone unless absolutely necessary. He will appreciate you told him face-to-face. If I were you, I'd make an appointment at the doctor, get the results and then tell him - that wait you can show him you're capable of doing these types of things on your own. And it's up to you if you want to take your FOB/OH, if it makes you most comfortable then take him.

First off, congrats! I was 17 when I conceived my first. Sit him down and tell him face to face hun, he'll respect you for doing it, for being responsible and mature enough. Expect him to take the news hard, anything less will be a bonus. However he reacts, he'll come around. Good luck!

I sat down with my boyfriend and told my mum and she told my dad for me. We told them at 8 weeks after I had a scan and because we had a previus loss I wanted to make sure everything was okay.

Good luck hun & congratulations on your pregnancy!x

Im excited and terrified. Im not as scared to tell my dad as i am my boyfriends family. Thank you guys.

I found out early one morning and then crawled into bed that night and ended up crying to OH because I felt like I needed to tell my mom. So we drove over and I told her while crying and she told me not to be upset. I told my dad over facebook because we weren't close at the time. OH told his family alone without me there which I was happy about. They took it harder than my family but they came around fast. I found it uncomfortable telling people because I know everyone would judge me because of my age so when we announced it at Christmas to OH's extended family it was so awkward because of course all eyes were on me even though it takes two to tango! Just be sure to enjoy your pregnancy because I got caught up in everyone else that I was disappointed I had wasted so much time not enjoying my pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->