Help!!!!

Christine33

Reaction score
right, i have started weaning my baby boy Ali. He seems really keen and we are taking it really slowly (pureed fruit, veg and some baby rice).

However,

my question is what is the latest time in the day would you stop giving your LO food? I ask this cos I have noticed if Ali gets something later (say about 7pm ish) he is really irritated during the night......however, if he gets nothing but milk after 5pm he sleeps really well (like he usually does).

is there a connection between feeding a baby too late in the evening and a restless night and what is the recommended time to stop giving a baby new weaning food?

thanks in advance!!!!

Christine
XXXX

It could be. Does he seem fine with food any other time? It could be upsetting his tummy. We were always told not to do anything new at dinnertime because if he reacted in any way it would effect his sleeping, so we always tried new stuff by early afternoon at the latest. I would just follow his cues, if it seems to bother him don't do it that late and try again in another month or so and see how he does

thanks. we gave him a little baby yogurt just after 7pm last night and i am certain that was what irritated him. he seems to sleep really badly if he eats later in the day. i think i will just feed him up to 5pm and then just give milk cos i am sure there is a connection (he is normally a really good sleeper, rarely wakes up) until his belly is more used to food.

Christine
XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"