Hemorrhoids in Toddler? -Update #2 on Page 3-

:hugs: Poor little girlie :( Hope she doesn't need surgery or anything.

Hope she dosen't have to have an opp. Poor girly. Good l for your next appt!

I came up in a skin tag last week. Seems to of just appeared outta no where! I hope she's okay

So we do have good news and we also have bad news.

The good news is .. the pediatrician is almost a hundred percent sure the "hemorrhoids" are in fact only skin tags! :happydance: They have since shrunk immensely in size since last Friday (when I noticed them) and are now nearly unnoticeable!

Now the bad news.

The pediatrician prescribed Brenna medication to supposedly help clear the rash from her bumhole around the tags and such. The directions said to only apply the medication twice a day, as it is very strong and has a steroid in it (this is to speed up healing time.)

First application and diaper change, no difference.

Now the second time I applied it and changed her diaper ... this was right before her bath ... I opened her diaper and the rash has SPREAD to her lady parts and all around the area. The color is nearly so red it is purple! And what's worse, she was crying very badly for like 20 minutes before I decided to change her, which means that the rash is now painful for her :cry:

I feel so fucking horrible I am sick to my stomach. She absolutely LOVES her baths at night, and tonight, she screamed through it. Anytime I'd even go near her bum, she would scream at the top of her lungs. The rash didn't bother her until after the second application of the cream, and I don't know if it's the cream that has made it worse, or if the medication itself just isn't the proper treatment for her rash.

Either way, I am calling her doctor AS SOON AS I wake up tomorrow. I can't stand seeing her in pain .. it's killing me :nope:

Hope it gets sorted, tbh i would stop usuigthe medication and cream until the doctor has seen her.

Poor girly

Aw poor girl :hugs: the cream might just be too strong for such a delicate area, I'd stop using it and give her plenty of diaper off time until you can get a hold of your doctor.

I hope she's okay hun! :flower: It sounds like nothing serious, so dont stress yourself out too much, she would have screamed the house down if it was hurting her in any way, dont worry xx

The doctor told me it's a slim chance she'd be allergic to the cream, but I don't believe him :shrug:

My hubby and his brother are both allergic to steroid creams, that's enough to make me a believer!

I stopped the medication as soon as I saw the rash had spread, that's common sense lol

I've been letting her run around naked for hours a day to get air to the rash and promote healing, as well as letting her sit in the bath tub and soak her toosh in cool water ... it has been helping immensely! Rash is still strong, but definitely on its way to healing.

That stupid cream made me pissed lol

:hugs: for Brenna! Hope she feels better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->