Hemorrhoids. My Worst Enemy :(

FaithnHope41

Expecting Baby #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am just about 36 weeks and over the past few weeks I have been developing hemorrhoids from severe constipation, sorry for the tmi (I've pretty much been dealing with the constipation this entire pregnancy, no fun.). This past weekend, I started having pretty severe pain and realized one of them had become thrombosed. I didn't sleep for three nights straight because the pain was absolutely excruciating. Called my telenurse Monday night to see what I could take for relief and unfortunately, nothing worked. So I called my OB the next morning in tears asking for anything to help with this. They recommended Recticare. So I started using it, but I can only use it 4x a day and I feel like I need it more like 4x an hour!! Not kidding. This is just absolutely awful. I am miserable. I had to call into work yesterday and left early Monday and Tuesday due to the pain level. And who likes to sit when they have hemorrhoids... not me! :sad2:

I am exhausted at this point and as much as I want baby to wait until closer to due date to arrive, I need relief from this. I'm also sad because I wanted to try and go natural without pain medications this time, but if I still have hemorrhoids, I will most definitely be getting that epidural because I cannot deal with them and pushing a baby out at the same time. The pain I am dealing with right now is honestly worse than postpartum recovery down there that I had with both of my boys.

So sorry for the long rant, but I just need to vent to you ladies and I am hoping than maybe somebody who has been through this can tell me that it will get better. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can get these to go away or at least make them feel better? I would greatly appreciate any advice or help. [-o<

What I have been using:
Cold ice packs
laying on my side when home
sitting on a pillow at work
witch hazel pads as needed
recticare 4x a day
(preparation h- used a generic brand for about 24 hours before doctor recommended the recticare)
warm baths to soak
Tried a heating pad this morning- helped with pain a little, but doesn't help with the swelling.

Have you tried a sitz bath for it? I don't know if it will help a lot but might help some.

Have you tried a sitz bath for it? I don't know if it will help a lot but might help some.
I have only been able to take warm baths at home since I don't have sitz bath, but I am almost tempted to order one off Amazon to see if it helps any.

Everything I found for hemorrhoids said this was the best thing for relief. Also, have you called back your doctor? They might have a better solution. Im sorry your having this issue.

Oh gosh hon sounds like u have it all covered and doing all methods possible.
I still have them. I'm not sure they ever go away but they do shrink but then if u get constipation or diareah they swell up again. They are no fun at all. They itch like mad as well.
Sorry I cant offer any help hon but just wanted u to know ure not alone.

Hi ladies, So sorry I have been so MIA. So a lot has happened in the past week. I ended up going into see my OB on Thursday last week and he said my hemorrhoids were thrombosed and the second worst case he has seen in his 30+ years in the practice. I sobbed when he told me that. I thought I was going in there to get a stronger medication to help treat them, but unfortunately, that's not the news I received. He wanted me to schedule surgery to have them removed this week! Obviously, I couldn't make a decision on it that day, so he put me on bed rest for three days hoping that keeping the pressure off my bum would help. They had to contact a rectal surgeon while I was there to see what they could prescribe knowing how far along in the pregnancy I was. So they sent me home with lidocain and a steroid suppository. The suppository made me feel worse, would sob every time I tried to go to the bathroom, so I stopped using it almost immediately. The lidocain has helped with keeping the area numbed up a little. After hubby and I did lots of research over the weekend on the recovery and type of surgery it would be, we both decided it wasn't in my best interest right now. The recovery period is up to six weeks and I am scheduled to be induced in just 2 1/2 weeks, so the thought of being in pain when I go into deliver didn't really sound pleasant. Not only that, but they said if I had had the surgery, they would have to keep me overnight for pain management! Seriously! So that also freaked me out. I am already dealing with the last month of pregnancy pains with baby having dropped and hips/back hurting more, and I just don't want to add to all of it. Honestly, the pain last week was so severe from the hemorrhoids, that it took all my other pains away and made me physically ill. I lost over 2 pounds from not eating enough and the doctor said that was probably also due to the pain level.

On a brighter note, Sunday, I was able to move around a little, yesterday was a bit better, and today has been a bit better than that. I am praying that I am on the road to recovery. Everything I have read says most thrombosed hemorrhoids will go away on their own within 2-3 weeks and that the pain should start to subside within 7-10 days. If I can at least get my pain level down to near normal, I can bare the lumps hanging around, but I just need my energy back so I can get through L&D.

Also, might I add, with these hemorrhoids LITERALLY being a pain in my ass, my birth plan has pretty much been put to rest. No going on my own. No natural delivery. Dr. is scheduling me to be induced and he says I will absolutely need the epidural with how severe the hemorrhoids are, and he is not going to let me push as long, so a c-section is a possibility.

With all this negative nelly in the house lol, I do have some exciting news to share. My sister is also now expecting after going through 3 rounds of femara, and yesterday found out she is having twins!! I'm still in shock, but so excited for her and her husband!

That sounds super painful :( I hope the induction goes well.
Great news about your sister! :)

Oh my! I am sorry you didn't get better news! Hopefully after the birth you can safely have them removed. Just curious, if you have to have a c-section can they just remove them at the same time?

Congrats to your sister!

I am not sure! I asked if they might be able to remove them right after birth and they didn't seem like it would be possible with it being a completely different department in charge, so right now we are just watching them. I do think they are shrinking a bit, but the one bad one is still pretty bad, praying it goes down soon. Pain tolerance has gotten better though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->