Hemp and bamboo inserts

A

anothersquish

I seem to have bought too many new pockets for the number of inserts I have :blush:
soooo I want some nice slim hemp and bamboo inserts, I prefer the tri folding type that can be folded short/long and be used in OS nappies as well as fitteds.
Suggestions on a postcard :)

babipur do hemp babies (little weeds/big weeds) inserts they're made by bumgenius
they also do bamboo inserts but they're shaped not tri-fold

From all my research on inserts (Help with night nappy thread and beyond!), it seems that Easy Peasy Hemp inserts are highly recommended (and cheap!) and also P'tits Dessous Bamboo inserts. I have ordered some of these so I can review them for you when they arrive?

Oh, meant to say that the Little Weeds only have a couple of layers of hemp when folded whereas the easy peasy ones are made from 6 layers - much better! The EP and PD are both apparently very slim fitting too :)

i have some ep hemp ones they can take an age to dry although the little/big weeds are only a couple of layers; when folded (tri fold) they are equal to the ep ones but have the advantage of being able to dry open. so would dry quicker.

have you looked at Wee notions? i havent got any of their inserts but might be worth a try :)

I have some WN inserts I got with my new WN nappies, they are pretty good but want to try some other makes/styles to compare :)
I found some of the Littleweeds and big weeds inserts so going to get some of those, also found some 6 layer bamboo inserts that are a bargain will look at the other two as well, sure Ive seen Easy peasy ones somewhere....

Ptits dessou as recommend above, you can get in 2 sizes and ellas house do hemp inserts not sure if the tri fold tho?

P'tits Dessous Bamboo inserts = perfection. They can be as slim or thick as you require and are v.v.v. absorbent.

I was bad and ordered some little and big weeds and some P'tits Dessous....dont tell my OH...it was out of my paypal fund though!!!

I did have mostly just generic bamboo and hemp inserts (which are all in nappies....opps) so looking forward to trying these ones out :)

Washing machine hasnt stopped today with nappies and baby clothes...two lots of baby clothes and two lots of cloth nappies is just INSANE!!!
I am VERY pleased I still kept hold of some Tots Bots else Freddie would have no cloth for his bottom and there wasnt any chance I was stinking up my house with disposable ick.
Hes too dinky even for the Ittis yet, hes only 6lb4oz!

he will be two days old at 2:10am tomorrow. He was discharged from the hospital into his dads care at less than 8 hours old....I got the feeling from babys dad that it was too much hassle for staff to look after a healthy baby. This is the same hospital that majorly fecked up at the end of my pregnancy as well....

I have no idea who freddie is but bless him, hope he's okay :hugs:

I just tracked back to see what the story was with little Freddie - squish, you're a superstar! :hugs: I hope his mummy makes a speedy and full recovery. Do you need any newborn wraps for him at all? I could stick some in the post to you today - Isaac is still too small for most of his.

On the hemp/bamboo subject, can you dry hemp on direct heat or is it like bamboo in that you shouldn't put it directly on a radiator? It would be nice to have some of the absorbancy features of bamboo without the drying restrictions.

I dont know re the hemp actually, I hang it near the radiator but not directly on it.....
fortunately I am good for wraps etc, I hadnt sold Theos tiny stuff so I have enough *phew* does mean hes in AI2s til hes much bigger (like 4lb bigger!) but we will live. Anything to avoid stinky disposables!

They arrived today!!!!
They came just as I was about to put a nappy wash in so they have gone in, cant wait to get them ready to use!
The big weeds is massive...haha, good stuff though, how soft!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->