Her dad forces to eat food she doesn't like.. Advice please

Also make separate meals for my kids to me and my husband but all kids will eat the same I'd rather them eat something I know they will eat and like than make them try something they won't and then be hungry. It's mainly pasta or noodle dishes my kids have anyway so quick enough.

I would definitely talk and try and reach a compromise I agree with the poster who said cant he make sure there's at least one thing on her plate that she will eat

Could he involve her in the choice of meal so he isn't cooking separate meals but she gets a say in what it is?
E.g "would you like jacket potato and chilli tonight or stir fry veggies with noodles". Then if she says "I don't like chilli" he can say well you can eat the potato and just try the chilli just to see if you like it". She doesn't have to eat it (shouldn't be made to sit at the table till it us all gone etc.) but she isn't given another meal either avoids having the same diet every day and joins family meal time. If she is still hungry you can have agreed things for afterwards, like a banana etc.

Since reading this thread I've been so much more conscious about not making different meals for our son. Yesterday my mum made a lovely chicken casserole with jacket potato. Usually I'd say oh he doesn't eat that but I left him and he tucked in with everyone else and ate most of it. Maybe I've been too soft with him. Thanks for this post as everyone's comments have made me think too.

I hope Op that things are ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"