Hera? Hera Jean?

motherearth23

Reaction score
I really like the name Hera on paper. She is the greek goddess of marriage and childbirth. I have always loved names from greek mythology but don't have the guts to name my kid Artemis, Persephone, or Athena. But I do like the name Hera. But saying it outloud I don't like it as much. Besides, what nickname could I possibly give her? :dohh:

Have any of you ever loved a name because of the meaning/story behind it, yet didn't like the flow of it when you say it aloud a few dozen times in a row??
This baby name business is driving me nuts. I want to have at least one back-up name for each gender. So far all I have is Gemma Jean as my first choice for a girl. For boy names I like Samson, Jude, and Rohan. But I have no idea what middle names go with any of those!

Maybe I should give up on names past 2 in the morning... :S

BTW, I LOVE THIS WEBSITE BELOW!!! it has these in-depth "personalities" for each name.

https://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/search/

I like names from Greek mythology too... especially Persephone. I like Hera, I think it's pretty and not too out there, don't think it would need a nickname either since it's already short.

How about Seraphina/Serafina? From the link you posted it says 'Fiery-winged. The name Seraphina comes from 'seraphim', who were the most powerful angels'.

I'm praying I have a girl again; I have tons of names I love for a girl but absolutely zero if I am having a boy! I drive my DH nuts with baby names, even when I wasn't pregnant lol.

I like names from Greek mythology too... especially Persephone. I like Hera, I think it's pretty and not too out there, don't think it would need a nickname either since it's already short.

How about Seraphina/Serafina? From the link you posted it says 'Fiery-winged. The name Seraphina comes from 'seraphim', who were the most powerful angels'.

I'm praying I have a girl again; I have tons of names I love for a girl but absolutely zero if I am having a boy! I drive my DH nuts with baby names, even when I wasn't pregnant lol.

Wow, I love Seraphina! Hadn't thought of that name in a long time. I brought up Hera to my husband and he said he didn't care for it. He suggested Sabrina to me, but it didn't sound quite right to me. But Seraphina/Serfina could be a good compromise! I like the idea of a fiery winged angel if she is born a Leo. I am right on the cusp of Cancer and Leo for my due date. I'm not SUPER into astrology, but I think sun and moon position are cool to look at and compare to personality traits. :)

Well, it turns out I am having a BOY! So much for Seraphina, I really liked that name!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->