Here I am again-- Surprise third pregnancy

brinib

Reaction score
Hello all, it’s been a couple of years since I’ve been on these boards. I have two boys- a four year old and a two year old. My husband and I had originally wanted three kids but after living with having two for awhile decided we were done. About a month ago I started giving away baby stuff since we no longer needed it. Then two weeks ago my period was late. I took a test, sure it was just some new thyroid medication messing with my cycle and was stunned to discover I am pregnant. I had a paraguard IUD, which is 99.6% effective. It had not fallen out and it was in the right place-- it simply did not do what it was supposed to do. The midwife removed it, after which there was a 50% chance of miscarriage, but so far I’m still pregnant 2 weeks later (7 weeks along).

My husband is really excited (easy for him to say!) I think I can get there, but right now I’m dreading the rest of this pregnancy (having done it twice before it is not my favorite thing and the whole pregnancy/no sleep with a newborn thing is the primary reason I didn’t want any more kids). I also am now over 35 (I will be 37 when this baby is born) and my husband and I went to Mexico before I knew I was pregnant and it is possible I could have been exposed to Zika virus. So yeah, kind of freaked out. Also with every day that passes I get somewhat more attached to the idea of this baby and there are still at least five weeks to go before the usual first trimester risks are over. Mildly sick, and tired, but so far no throwing up which is an improvement over last time.
:wacko:

Mine was a surprise too. Congratulations xxx

Congrats! Glad I'm not the only one dreading the pregnancy/newborn lack of sleep, no time, stress period. I've only got a 17 month old to chance after right now but I'm already exhausted at 8 week.

Thoughts and prayers for a happy, healthy (and enjoyable as much as is possible) 9-10 months ^_^

Congratulations! I am pregnant with my 3rd and it was a huge surprise for us too. We have a 3 and 2 year old and like you, this pregnancy was unplanned but after the initial shock (remembering the sleepless nights and wondering how I would manage when hubby is away for work most of the time) I'm trying to focus on the positives and looking forward to it!

Congratulations !
It sounds like this baby was very meant to be ! Hopefully you have a nice smooth pregnancy that you will be able to enjoy , good luck :)

congrats ... Im pregnant with our little surprise too and yes the first thing I thought of was the lack of sleep ... but its slowly sunk in that this was meant to be

my youngest just turned 2 ... terrible two's but I can only take it all in my stride

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->