Here I Go! Looking for a buddy- 75 pounds to lose

Rin731

LTTTC #1
Reaction score
DH and I just had our 2-year anniversary. I was pretty happy, until I realized something- including the 35 pounds I gained when I moved in with him, I've gained 80 pounds since we got married!

Suffice to say, I'm mortified. In high school, I lost over 60 pounds, and kept it off til I met DH. I've tried to justify it. I was too busy, too tired, too this, too that. In college, only 3 years ago, I was a dance minor, and danced 4x a week plus extra hour workouts. I refused to get a parking pass, so I walked to and from campus (probably 6 blocks) twice a day. I was in GREAT shape.

I'm tired of it. It's time. I'm here to say that I want to lose 75 pounds. I'm now 220, and ideally I'd like to be 150, and go from there. So a size 20 jean, and I want to be a 12.

To do this, I'll have to change my diet, and start exercising way more than I have in a while.

For my diet, I want to cut out processed food, drink more unsweetened tea ( I'm drinking crystal lite now), switch to low fat meat such as chicken and ground turkey, switch my pasta to whole grain, eat more fresh fruit and veg, and try to cut fat and gluten where I can ( as I was on a gluten free diet in college).

As for working out, I have a pedometer and want to start walking more with a goal, and do more cardio. I have Zumba, P90X, and Cardio Belly Dance DVDs...and might have a Wii after Christmas, and if I do, I'll get Wii Fit.

I might also start doing belly dance classes again in January, but I'd like to lose some weight before I return...

Anyone have advice or want to buddy up?

That sounds like a great plan. It seems like you have everything planned out and know where to go - The hardest part is actually doing it!

You can do it! Stick to it. No cheating. You WILL lose the weight.

On a side note - Weight lifting is the best fat loss exercise. If you plan on doing cardio, you must get a heart monitor and keep that heart rate above 130 and peak around 150. High interval training is the best cardio workout.

Hello. :hugs: It looks like we have a similar amount of weight to lose (I'm 215, want to get down to 150 too). I'd be happy to chat with you whenever, it's nice to have someone else to talk to to keep me going. Good luck, it's such a daunting task, but we'll get there.

You can do it! Don't let bad days get you down, just pick yourself up and keep on going. We all have them!
The exercise sounds great, I still have troubles getting off my butt to do it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->