Here we go...

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
I wondered when it would start...Was on my feet pretty much all day yesterday doing all the housework and once i started i really couldnt stop! When i finally sat down i noticed my ankles and feet where swollen! Perhaps i overdid it. When i went to stand up again it was really hard work and my hips just kinda locked up. Once i was up everything from my hips downwords really hurt! Last night was a nightmare trying to get in and out of bed to go toilet or trying to turn over. Still the same today :( x

you should take it easy and try not to overdo it in the last couple of weeks.

I read that the whole body adapts to the pregnancy and therefore e.g. ligaments are getting softer and so on...

you should def watch your back and by all what you do bear in mind that you have to carry this extra weight!

hopefully you will get better :hi:

Well I rested up yesterday and my aches seem to be abit better as long as i move like a snail lol. But my ankles and whole of my feet are really swollen, it took me 10 mins to put my shoes on they where so tight this morn and when i got back home i had to literally cut them off cus they wouldnt come off! I know swelling is normal but to this extent? Think i should see my GP? Its just wierd cus i never had any swelling what so ever and then one day its there! x

i would rest up some more and keep your feet up whilst your resting

my gp and my mw know about my swollen feet and they never adviced me to do anything 'bout it!

I heard you should drink a lot as this clears the liquid out! otherwise move your feet in circles from time to time and put them up to rest.

I have to take a rest for a whole day every week to get the swelling back again, otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk anymore!

as well they start to feel numb, when the swelling gets to much!

isn't it nice :baby:

but I am looking forward to treating me to those boots as a reward once my ancles are back to normal again after birth :yipee:

If I were you hun I'd pop to see your midwife and take a urine sample with you because she'll probably ask for one. It's probably nothing, and more than likely because you over did the "nesting" LOL, but trust me, a quick appointment is definetly worth it.

I was at work one day (when pregnant with my eldest, now 8 ) and I had taken my shoes off under the desk and then when I went to put them back on I couldnt. I thought it was probably the heat (it was July) but my boss insisted on taking me to the midwifes for a quick check up. It was a five minute appointment that i might not have gone to if it wasn't for her, but thankfully i did because they spotted my pre-eclampsia just in time and I had my daughter that day (30+6 weeks).

I'm not trying to worry you hun, but all I'm saying is, a 5 minute appointment could make the world of difference and at least it would put your mind at rest.

Put your feet up :)

If I were you hun I'd pop to see your midwife and take a urine sample with you because she'll probably ask for one. It's probably nothing, and more than likely because you over did the "nesting" LOL, but trust me, a quick appointment is definetly worth it.

I was at work one day (when pregnant with my eldest, now 8 ) and I had taken my shoes off under the desk and then when I went to put them back on I couldnt. I thought it was probably the heat (it was July) but my boss insisted on taking me to the midwifes for a quick check up. It was a five minute appointment that i might not have gone to if it wasn't for her, but thankfully i did because they spotted my pre-eclampsia just in time and I had my daughter that day (30+6 weeks).

I'm not trying to worry you hun, but all I'm saying is, a 5 minute appointment could make the world of difference and at least it would put your mind at rest.

Put your feet up :)

Yeah think i will, as all my family have had preclampsia during there pregnancies so best to be safe than sorry. Although im sure its probably nothing and just normal pregnancy complaints! x

Yes it probably is, and all she'll do is tell you off for over doing it at 35 weeks and tell you to put your feet up. But if you have a history of pre-eclampsia in your family she'll also commend you for coming in, a quick urine test and blood pressure test is all it takes either way.

you are right Naimi!

they say if the swelling comes all of a sudden, it can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia!

def get it checked!

good luck :hi:

Thanks everyone, i'll see if i can get an appointment tommorrow. I have also been feeling really hot and then really cold and abit faint these past few days and breeaking out in sweats so i deffo think its for the best x

Hate to be such a moaner...but my feet feel like i have elastic bands wrapped around them :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->