"Here's one for you" -about tests

MissAma

Finally a Mom to Dara
Reaction score
I don't belong in this section but I'll upset less people on here with this. Would you agree with both of the following?

A. "Evaps have no colour and vanish after a few mins"
B. "Don't read any hpt any later than 10 mins"

Aren't those two in contradiction?:shrug:

A: who knows, i've never had one?
B: Trust the instructions, tey're there for a reason

p.s. Good luck testing!

A - never had an evap, so im clueless
B i'd never read a test after 10 mins.

I think what it means is, you shouldnt read a test after 10 mins, if you do you get an evap that dissapears..

i think ...

I didn't realize that evaps were colourles but anyhow... eventually it should fade out but ANY line occuring POST 10mins in an invalid result and whether it is an evap or a coloured line, should be regarded as either a negative or at least invalid test result.

A. I had an evap last cycle, and no it didn't fade, not even after a few days
B. Yes trust the instructions

A. "Evaps have no colour and vanish after a few mins" - Evaps do not have colour, that's how you tell them apart from real lines. But sometimes it is impossible to tell if something is grey-white-colourless, or pale-grey-pink colour! ahh! Evap lines may vanish, but can stick around (I've been hoarding mine to stare at, lol, just threw them all out today!!)

B. "Don't read any hpt any later than 10 mins" - Totally true. We all have a very small amount of hcg in our system, pregnant or not, and the less hcg you have, the longer it takes to develop. i read a journal article on this the other week, but i can't think what i've done with it now. it said that samples with more hcg in them develop quicker, but ones with less can take up to the full 10 mins. after the 10 minutes is up though, you may in fact get a pink line that is due to your natural non-pregnancy related level of hcg causing the strip to change.

Yup. I've had tests that showed up positive after an hour. Really should stop getting them out of the bin to obsess over.

Although with OPKs it ALWAYS takes ages for me to get the result, at least three minutes, and sometimes the full five.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->