Hernia & hydrocele in boys

lil-star

Reaction score
My lil fella was born in September 10 weeks early. Never really had any problems except for a swelling in the groin, which was diagnosed as a hernia but this week after an ultrasound they said there is a hydrocele as well. His groin is HUGE, between the hernia and hydrocele it's just massive :( The doctors says it's not painful and aren't too concerned and theres no push on surgery just yet as he isn't 2kg just yet. Anyone else experience with this?

I wish i could help you hun. My friend had a lil boy at 27+4 and he got his surgery when he was strong and about to leave SCBU. Hes doing great now :)

Thanks hun, I'm just worried because it looks like it's paining them but they said as long as he is eating, pooing and putting on weight they wont get concerned. Just have to wait and see I guess:wacko:

Well, her LO was in for 11 weeks before they did the surgery, so im sure its not urrrrrrgent urgent ykwim?

One of my 23 weekers developed a left inguinal hernia and it was repaired when he was ooh about twelve weeks or so when it got stuck and couldn't be pushed back in. It was a simple op for him and he was back to normal almost straight away.

He has a residual hydrocele but no one is concerned about it and it should get better eventually on it's own.

Hey,

My little man harry (24weeker) he deleveoped swellings in his groin when he was about 2 weeks, we went for 10weeks going between it being a hernia or hydroseals, they could never make their mind up. In the end once harry was home, we were seen by the surgeon and he comfirmed 2 hernia's ( harry wasnt in pain just suffered trying to go to the loo) and 3 days ago he had the op ages 28weeks (12corrected) and weighing a massive 10lb.

They said they would wait to do the surgeon until Harry was bigger and off his oxygen, He stayed in for 2 days (mainly because of his CLD and his size) but the operation is fairly standard. He is home now and in pain and his bits, well, they are a cracking black colour and all swollen but straight away he was pooing like a tropper all on his own, something he has not done that often.Hope your little man is doing okay and if its not hurting him, let him get bigger before they do it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->