Herniated disc

dragonfly26

Reaction score
Anyone have a herniated disc? How do you cope? The pain is unbearable, going to call doctor tomorrow if not feeling any better, but not sure what they will be able to do for me.

Hi just sneaking over from first tri.. I'm quite a bit behind you but was just wondering at what point in your pregnancy did the pain start to get that bad? I've got a herniated disc in my L5/S1 and I was awaiting treatment before I found out I was pregnant. They obviously won't do anything now for me.. the pain isn't any worse at the moment that it was pre pregnancy, just worried as to how bad it's actually going to get and when to expect it.

Hope the doc can help you a bit with the pain I'm absolutely dreading it!

This is the first flare up I have had luckily. I have been able to manage with icing, thank goodness, but I know that, that's not always the cases I did call the back doctor and he said with my ob's approval I would be aloud to take a steriod and norco. I spoke with my ob and she said the steroid would be better than the norco but would be ok for the norco too if absolutely necessary. Personally I hope to make it without taking anything, but knowing I can helps a bit. After some online looking I found some stretches to do while pregnant that are suppose to help. So have been trying those since the pains eased a bit. Hope you make it with no issues!!

my friend has one and suffered horribly in her pregnancy ... she had her csection last Thursday and the only thing that helped her was physio ... hope you ladies don't suffer as much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->