He's just too close!

BeautifulD

Mum to 3 and TTC #4
Reaction score
According to my husband, baby is just too close for some loving :sex:

This would have been perfectly acceptable to me in the first tri as I had totally gone off it... However... as I'm going through my pregnancy my sex drive is through the roof!

It's going to be a long 13 weeks :haha:

my partner and I stopped having sex 2 weeks ago as well as he went to the midwife with me and she told us head was engaged and she could feel it during Stretch and Sweep. So he is too freaked out now which I can understand :) but I also feel it'll be a long time for me, especially since it will be several weeks after the birth until you can have sex again.

Oh my, I forgot about those 6 weeks after :dohh:

I understand how it could be awkward for him though!

We haven't done it for ages - I still have no sex drive and combined with the distraction of baby wriggling it's just not appealing! Hubbie feel the same, fortunately he doesn't seem to be too frustrated and is just excited about baby's impending arrival :)

Maybe if my sex drive comes back I'll see if I can convince him, but it wouldn't surprise me if my hubbie is like yours and just isn't keen!

Lol, you could try what I did and physically make him sit and read books/websites that state how sex is completely safe providing the pregnancy is normal - did the trick for me, fiance was scared of hurting our baby at first.

I have the opposite problem. DH is still very much up for it, I feel like a sack of spuds. Esp now my mucous plug has gone I kinda feel like baby is right there... He doesn't mind though....

So its gonna be a long wait for him!! :)

We haven't done it for ages - I still have no sex drive and combined with the distraction of baby wriggling it's just not appealing! Hubbie feel the same, fortunately he doesn't seem to be too frustrated and is just excited about baby's impending arrival :)

Maybe if my sex drive comes back I'll see if I can convince him, but it wouldn't surprise me if my hubbie is like yours and just isn't keen!

Snap. I can't picture DTD when baby is wriggling away down there! We have only DTD a few times during pregnancy!

I must admit if little dude was to start wriggling whilst we were in the throws it would put me off.... I can't help it, my sex drive is off the scale and I thought I was bad before I was pregnant :haha:

I love DTD still. My DH loves to hold my tummy ;) and it seems to rock LO to sleep.

My sex drive seems a lot higher the last few months. But now when we have sex I get a bit of cramps and Braxton Hicks for hours afterward. It's sad, cause I can't decide if I want sex anymore or not, and OH is definitely up for it. :(

I had a burst of high sex drive which hubby loved...now I feel so achy and tired Im never in the mood. He is getting a little frustrated I think but he understands. Hoping once my Iron tablets kick in ill start to feel a bit more human and we can get back to a bit now and again lol

Before I got pregnant, I'd always told DH that I wouldn't want sex while pregnant. He thought it would be perfectly fine & normal to have sex.

NOW? I want it, and he is afraid that the baby will kick him in the middle of it, so can't get into it very often. It hasn't happened yet, but if it did I know that would be the last time we have sex until after the birth!

We can't because dr put us on complete pelvic rest.... Every time we Dtd before though it caused some pretty intense contractions. It's been hard as we were a bit crazy before : /

DB and I still dtd ha. Sometimes, having an O is the only way I can get baby to stop moving long enough for me to go to sleep afterward ha. It also helps with my cramping:)

With all the antibiotics, thrush, pelvic pain & now vulval varices sex is the last thing I want! Poor hubby finds me mega attractive when pregnant (?)so I feel a bit bad for him. We were like rabbits during last full term pregnancy. I can't even consider oral for him as my heartburn and acid reflux is so bad.

We are still :sex: although not as often as we would both like what with DH being a farmer and up at stupid o'clock having 2 LO's already and being heavily pregnant (we still seem to manage it around 2-3 times a week though) and I wouldn't be without it as I really need the intimacy and sleep sooooo much better afterwards :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->