He's moved the goal posts! UPDATE POST 22!

Good plan! Just leave to have their sexy little thoughts so they don't wilt under pressure.... So to speak.

Some things are best kept amongst us girls.

Good luck!

It seems my OH has had a change of heart,... We have always been believers of fate and things happening for a reason. So with that in mind we are going to carry on NTNP/TTC! Like i said to him, it will happen for us when its meant to, not when you want it to. And i was worried that by waiting we would miss our chance. Silly i know as realistically its not going to be a quick stay here.

So i'm back and happy as can be. :flower:

ETA: Sorry, just read that your OH has had a change of heart. So feel free to ignore this post :)

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been delayed by over a month. That must be really frustrating! I'd be furious!

I'm a primary school teacher and a July born child myself. I have to be honest that there is a general trend that summer-born children do fair slightly worse than their older peers. At my school we stream the children by ability into three sets for literacy and numeracy; we have found that the lower sets of children do have a slightly higher proportion of summer-born children. Having said all that though, I am a massive believer in nurture overcoming nature on this one. If parents are invested in their children's education, then this easily overcomes the barrier. If children are taught to read and write (the basics) and to count before they go to school then they overcome the fact that they are ten/eleven months younger than their peers. My mum is a teacher and she taught all of us how to read and write at home (in English, then I learnt in Dutch at school - we were bilingual). I did very well academically even though I was born in July; far better in fact than my November and March born brothers. It's easy as a summer born to take offense to these sorts of statements, but really, no matter my personal experience as a July baby, I know that the trend is very real. Generally children born in the summer fair worse than their older counterparts, but as an experienced teacher, I can also say this trend can be overturned by input from home. Some of our brightest children in the year group are summer born children. It really depends on how much energy parents invest in their children's education.

Sorry to go off on a mini-speech there. We are trying now to purposefully conceive a summer-born baby - largely for the added benefits of having the baby at the start of the summer holiday, enjoying 5/6 weeks off, then maternity leave starting in September. Over a month free maternity leave? Yes please! I know that my husband (who was also a teacher before he left the profession to be a full-time musician) and I will teach our children the basics at home, so I'm not worried about them falling behind, even if they are summer-borns.

Good luck!

x

Thank you so much hun.. Its so good to get a teachers perspective on this.

I have always taught my children the basics since being told it really helps when they get to school. My DD2 starts next September and she is already writing her name, knows all her letters etc.. And that same effort would be put into the next baby be it born August or whenever.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"