Hesitant SO?

ArtsyTTC2014

TTC #1 - Cycle 1
Reaction score
Hi guys,
We have been waiting because my Fiance hasn't been ready. No specific reason he just says he isn't ready. For awhile he just "wasn't ready", then he went through a phase of "i don't know if I ever want kids" which made us discuss our relationship (family is not a debatable subject for me - being a mum is a make it or break it for me.)

We have been together 7 years now and as our life becomes more "on track" - career, college, savings, car, etc etc etc. he seems to be coming around. He has gone from "not sure if ever" to "eventually" to "soon" in the last year, so progress has been made and that is wonderful!

I have pushed a bit though… ok, maybe a tad more than a bit? I have tried very hard not to nag but there is this aching in my heart, in my stomach. This desire to be a mum. I am so driven to become a mum and yet so concerned that we will become pregnant and he won't want it…. that he will feel like he has been forced or not love the kid or something (someone tell me this is irrational please.)

I have tried to back off as far as possible. He compromised for this Spring which has me over the moon but now I am questioning it in my head -- I finally got the answer I wanted and now I am questioning it, that's nuts, right? But it's so huge and life changing. I've asked him about 4 times if he just agreed to agree to shut me up (he has done that with stupid small things, and I doubt he would do it with something gigantic like a baby but ya know I can be really persistent and hard headed…) he insisted he hasn't so I am trying not to drive him mad by asking anymore.

I am trying to leave well enough alone.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced a hesitant SO? How has it turned out? I kind of am thinking about pushing the whole thing back but then if I do that he will be like "wtf you fought for this to happen in January or February!" plus I can't tell how much of this is cold feet on my part.

I am intact planning to bring all this up to him… we do in fact communicate (lol) I just wanted to know if we are the only couple with one half who is hesitant about having a kiddo or not. He says he will get use to the idea, he isn't against it, he will love it. He just doesn't seem… idk? I guess I want him to be excited… maybe thats a guy thing? IDK. Maybe Im weird.

PS. TTC for us isn't just sex, we are using a donor (sperm bank) and doing at-home insemination because he is infertile and its a whole big fiasco. I have a brain injury & epilepsy so I am high risk. There are just a million and one pieces to our puzzle.

Sorry for the wall of text and the rant / also this probably makes me sound like the worst fiancé ever, like I'm forcing a kid on the man. Sorry about that too. I swear Im not. :coffee::nope:

-Jess

Chill! ;)
I think a lot of men dont get half as excited as us - they dont have the hormones programning them to be excited as we do! But i think the steps and progress he's already made to get him from 'not ever' to 'lets start in spring' is enormous and shows how he feels. Especially with the non traditional route you will need to take i think its not something he would just agree to to shut u up!

I would try to relax abit with him - you dont want to change his mind now just coz your bugging him about it!
And as for cold feet on your part i understand (i think when i get to july and my pill runs out for us to start trying i'll be a wreck and completely petrified) but just think about how exstatic you will feel when you see that positive test!!
Also relax for your own sake - nothing will go well if you remain stressing about every detail! ;)

Good luck with ttc in the new year xx

Your very welcome!
I only ask that you remind me of all that in the summer when i start freaking out about starting to ttc!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->