Heuristic Play - what to use?

I think it really depends how long it holds your LOs interest. If they start to seem bored try spicing it up, adding new things or showing them a few movements if it doesn't recapture their attention take it away completely and try again another day.

I left it a day or two between 'plays' as I wanted it to be something special and it meant she was more entertained by it.

Really depends on your child and their concentration span though!
One thing to note, I was told not to put anything PVC in it as it can be dangerous for them to suck on - not entirely sure why, maybe toxins etcetera?

Thanks Mummy Jo. That's all incredibly helpful.:thumbup:

Thanks MummyJo, you are my heuristic play guru! :thumbup:

Well I got all my bits together today so our basket contains:

wooden spoon
wooden pastry brush
wooden mini rolling pin
old fashioned wooden cloth
face cloth
plastic pot scourer
wooden nail brush
2 sponge type things
2 socks with rattles attached
a teether
hair scrunchies
blunt hair comb

It kept her amused for about 30 minutes earlier and she only looked at a few things! :thumbup:

great thread Lu I tried some of this today with an empty kitchen roll tube and a natural (new) sponge but both got ahmmmmm big chunks bit off :blush: will give tese a miss me thinks and go for wooden spoons etc. Thanks girlies xx

lol i had images of you cleaning with a huge block of wood in your hand :rofl: :dohh:

found a great link earlier ...will go find :dance:

https://www.littleacornstomightyoaks.co.uk/Articles/Treasure basket.php

what a lovely idea! will be making up a basket myself when Logan is a little older :thumbup:
p.s. heuristic is a fab word (I'm a bit of an ancient historian, and like words with their origins in Greek, as in "εὕρηκα!", "Eureka!", all babies can make discoveries of their own just like Archimedes) Lecture over... :dohh:

Great link Sara, thanks! I'll have to trawl the house for some more bits for her!

in ours we have a baby safe mirror , a block of wood , a wooden spoon , a wisk , a bottle cleaning brush , a small cardboard story book and a child proof pill bottle with uncooked rice in it , I know it says not to have anything plastic in there but my lil guy really likes it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->