Hey all! Just wanted to share my story :)

lorynn

Mom of 5
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Lorynn, I'm new here! I'm from Pennsylvania, I'm 22 (and a half =]) and I'm a soon to be mom of 4. Yes, you read correctly, FOUR. For a long time I've hated talking about my situation, I guess you could say I've been somewhat ashamed of it, but now that I have graduated from college, I'm more open to talking about it, and recently made plans to talk to young moms at a local support group. Sorry I wrote a novel, lol, but I hope someone reads at least most of it.

The past few years have been crazy (to say the least), but I'm blessed and happy to have such good people in my life support me even when I was being irresponsible.

So you're wondering, how does she have four kids? I'll explain.

I graduated high school in 2008, and I met mt boyfriend David at a graduation party of a friend of mine. She introduced us after learning that we were going to be attending the same college, and we immediately hit it off. Instantly, we were hanging out non-stop. I got pregnant in September (first month of freshman year) after having sex unprotected. I didn't find out for sure until I was about 12 weeks, and I was absolutely disappointed in myself. Telling our parents was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but I was determined to finish the school year, at least. And that's what I did. I took some online classes that winter break, returned to campus for the spring, and finished the second semester. I gave birth to my first son, Micah, on June 4, 2009. School was definitely a challenge, people stared at my belly a lot, especially closer to the end of the semester, some classes I had special seating because by belly got too big to sit in the desk-chairs, and lab classes were just plain hard.

That summer, I had to decide if school was in the cards for the next semester. I considered transferring to a school closer to home, but I didn't want to risk losing any credits or scholarships, my boyfriend had a lot going for him at our school, so we decided to get an apartment very close to campus. We used refund checks to pay semester rent and get things for us and Micah, and Dave got a job on campus fixing computers. There was also an amazing daycare on campus that we took advantage of, and we still had the help of our amazing families as well. We had friends that were also very supportive, running to the store, watching Micah, and just giving us a few hours of rest on weekends sometimes. I was truly a lucky girl to have all those people in my life.

We finished the fall 2009 semester off strong, I took some of my classes online so I only went on campus twice a week, and somehow it all worked out. We came back for the spring with the same plan we used for the fall. And that all went great...until a condom broke, and I got pregnant again. I cried for two whole days after finding out. My parents were extremely angry with me, my mother wouldn't talk to me for a few months, and Dave's family was nicer, but still very angry with him. I was an emotional wreck, but Dave sat me down and told me that I need to keep it together for school and the baby's sake. He asked me if I wanted to keep the pregnancy, and at first I didn't want to. But after a few days of calming down and planning things out, I decided to keep my baby. I finished the semester with a 3.5, Dave also did really well, and we went home for a few weeks before coming back to our college town to work.

Micah turned one, and we worked through the summer, while I took one class. I liked the summer because I had more free time to spend with Micah than I did during the school year, and the weather was nice and we often took Micah places. August of 2010 rolled around again, my belly was showing by this time, and we returned to classes. I was due in the second week of December, which was finals week, so I went to classes until Thanksgiving break and made plans to finish the class from home. This pregnancy was a lot more exhausting and my belly (and baby) was also bigger this time around, so I took my finals online. I actually gave birth two days after finishing my last final on December 13, 2010 to my second son, Bradley. Again, we stayed in our college town throughout the break, I didn't work or take any classes, and we went into the spring semester. I was a part time student, I was only taking one class that semester, and it was online. I took classes the whole summer though, in both summer sessions, and caught up to speed with my 4 year plan.

I finished summer 2011, fall 2011, and spring 2012 without any new babies :) I had gone on birth control soon after having Bradley, but I decided to stop around March of 2011 because of some side effects I was having. There wasn't nearly as much time for sex anyway, lol. Anyway, we graduated in May 2012, me, cum laude, and Dave, magna cum laude. I will never forget walking across that stage and thinking about my college years. I spent most of it pregnant, but it definitely was one heck of an experience.

Now, we moved back to our hometown, we're staying in my uncle's guesthouse, and house searching, Dave and I have our downs but we are very much in love, and got a great job working in IT, and I was working at a local hospital laboratory, until recently, I went on maternity leave! I am expecting twins in May. Going off of the birth control only seemed to make me more fertile than I already was...but I can honestly say that this time, we are ready, and I am happy. I considered going to grad school, but after learning of this pregnancy, I knew that has to wait a longggg while. I know that everyone doesn't have the support that we did, or the resources, or the supportive boyfriend, or perhaps, luck, but I want all of you to understand that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Don't give up on your dreams, don't let this feel like the end of the world. It certainly is a very difficult experience, I was forced to grow up immediately, but take it from me: It gets better. I promise. Children are something I never really pictured myself having 4 of, but now, I can't imagine life without them.

Feel free to contact me if you ever want to talk!

Love,
Lorynn

That's a lovely story :flower: I'm happy that everything work out amazingly for you! This is the kind of story I needed to hear when I got pregnant with my daughter! Thank you for sharing!

I'm 21 and pregnant with my third baby so in a similar situation i guess :)

Wowwhat a lovely story.
Congrats on your babies and cobgrats on finishing college.
Um sure they're really proud of their mommy and daddy!

Wow!!
That's Amazing!!
Congrats on the twins! You are a great example of hard work paying off, and a great example to all young and old mothers :)

Thank you so much! Hang in there, and congrats on all your bundles of joy!

Thank you so much! It has definitely been a wild ride, and I sure hope they're proud! Although I hope they wait until after college to have kids :)

Thanks for the gracious compliment! Very nice of you :)

That's a lovely story :flower: I'm happy that everything work out amazingly for you! This is the kind of story I needed to hear when I got pregnant with my daughter! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for reading!! I'm truly blessed and I think about it every day. I'm glad my story is useful to someone out there! Congrats on your little one!

Congrats! It's really nice to hear such great success stories :) I mean if you can do all of that, it gives me hope I can study and be pregnant/raise a baby too :) Thanks for sharing your story and all the best!

Congrats! It's really nice to hear such great success stories :) I mean if you can do all of that, it gives me hope I can study and be pregnant/raise a baby too :) Thanks for sharing your story and all the best!

Thank you!! And most definitely if I could do it, you can too! You just have to focus and everything will be just fine. I'm glad you took the time to read! :):happydance:

Amazing story :) proof that it is possible to carry on with education with children. :flower:

I am 21 and expecting our third child any day now. My other children I had in August 2009 and January 2011.

Amazing story :) proof that it is possible to carry on with education with children. :flower:

I am 21 and expecting our third child any day now. My other children I had in August 2009 and January 2011.

You go girl! We are proof that young moms can still be GREAT moms, even of more than one child! Motherhood is tiring, but it's so much fun :) I just wonder if I'll be done having kids after the twins are born, haha! Congrats on all your kids, and best wishes with your current pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->