Heyas, I'm new and clueless.

AshleighC

Reaction score
Heyas,

My name is Ashleigh, Im 20 and just recently found out I am pregnant. I am sure that I am about 11 weeks, maybe less, I have my dating scan on the 13th of june and can't wait.

This came as a surprise because it happened quite fast after I stopped the pill, ( I wasn't intentionally trying to fall pregnant, my body just didnt agree with the pill and made me pile on weight and get very anxious about everything) But it is a great blessing.

I'm just confused with whats happening and what to expect, I only know the basics, my boobs hurt, i get morning sickness (barely ever i guess that makes me lucky) slight aches as everything is stretching and moving ( nothing to cause concern)

I just don't know how to deal with the bloating and it is soooo uncomfortable, I've gone off my favourite foods, it took me forever to hear back from a midwife and i see her for the first time on the 15th of june which is 2 days after my dating scan. why do they do a home visit first?

My sister tries to help me out but it is kind of hard when she is half way across the world.

I'm scared that I'll do something wrong because I have no guidance, My mum tells me one thing, My partners mum tells me another, then my sis tells me another, its all so confusing :(

I think I will rest asured knowing that there are people that are around the same stage as me and can share their experiences because then I wont feel so alone.

Than kyou for reading my essay.

Ash:coffee:

Hi AshleighC,

Congrats on your pregnancy! As for questions, ask away! There are lots of us here in all different situations. there is always someone ready and available to answer a question or at least point you in the right direction!

It is hard with so many people having different opinions. Hopefully they don't mind if you don't take every suggestion they make!

Good luck waiting for your scan. I hope it comes quickly!

congrats and welcome! :)

I'm only in my 4 weeks right now, but BNB has been a great resource for me - I've learned so much from reading the forums. everyone's really helpful and I've found that most of my own questions were posted around and about, which made me feel great that I'm not the only one bubbling over with tons of questions, concerns and quirks. ;D lol

Best wishes! xo

oh ashleigh you'll be an expert in time to come you'll see, i too didnt have a clue what to expect and what was happening. There are many webites u can join that send u emails every week so u know whats happeing that wk to your baby and what to expect for yourself(everyone is different thou)

here is a link to one of them https://www.babycentre.co.uk/stages/?scid=emStage_cat_nav_stage

U can check it out yourself or opt to recieve emails, i do and ive found this most helpful.

good luck and congrats xxxx

I agree with kaz, you'll be an expert in no time and soon you'll be answering others questions! The bloating does suck, but I'd rather live with it knowing I'm pregnant.... Congratulations!!!

Thank you for you replies guys XD and thanks for the link Kaz, I have found it quite useful. XD

Welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on being pregnant. Good luck with the scan and MW visit, its all very exciting if not terrifying at the same time.
Some MW do home visit first so you are more relaxed and its a big chance to talk about medical/family history, previous pregnancies, births etc. Make the most of the time you get with them.

Congratulations and welcome :)
I don't know much either. I'm 35 and only 7 weeks pregnant with my first, but I have learnt a lot from just reading things on here and checking out links etc.
Enjoy

Thank you guys, I'm soooo excited I just want to get to my scan lol but it seems to be taking forever to get here!!!!!!, I also can't wait to have a bump!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh my head is going to explode XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->