Heyo! Provera & clomid question :)

jessthemess

Reaction score
I plan to call my doc when she's in next Wednesday to confirm but in the meantime... help me stop my incessant googling by answering....

My pharmacist advised me to take Provera from CD16 to CD24. I didn't tell him I am TTCing. So that leaves me wondering, if I take Provera for ten days to start a cycle, then Clomid on CD2 through CD7 to aid in ovulation, do I then take Provera from CD16 to CD24 regardless of if I have ovulated? Or should I give it a bit of time to see if I ovulate? Or should I take it at all? Does it help or hurt pregnancy chances? What are your experiences?

Background info, I typically ovulate CD19-24... And this is my first round of Provera and Clomid.... Oh! And I haven't had a cycle since January 5th... :thumbup:

Thanks girls!

Sorry for the bump.... but BUMP!

Answers ladies haha!

U only take provera to start ur period. Once you have started clomid, u should get ur period naturally if it makes u ovulate x

Oh thank you! I have googled and googled that haha and everyone talked about using Provera to start the period and Clomid to ovulate but then there was nothing more said. But it makes sense why because they either had a BFP or AF. I did find a website that says if you dont have either ovulation, BFP, or period by CD35 then start the Provera to start a period again. And that if you are somehow actually pregnant that Provera won't hurt anything.

Although I do wonder if I need progesterone to start my cycle, will I make enough progesterone to sustain the pregnancy?

I have to take Provera because I have PCOS/chronic anovulation. When TTC I take Provera for 10 days and once AF starts I take Clomid on Cycle Day 5-9 to aid in ovulation. I use OPKs to help determine my most fertile times and DTD :thumbup:. After that I begin the two week wait and take massive amounts of HPTs:laugh2:. If AF shows, of course start the cycle over but only with Clomid on whatever cycle day your doctor says. But if it doesn't show (as in my case) begin Provera to induce AF. I must say though last month was my first month using OPKs and the ones I used were so darn confusing :cry:. When I conceived my son, I didn't use them but this month we're adding vitamins and Preseed into the mix.
Hope I have helped a little and good luck

Oh and just to add about the Progesterone. With my son, I thought the exact same thing. But once I got that BFP, my doctor rushed me in to do Beta HCgs and compared the levels. They were perfect. He told me the reason was if the levels were kind of low, he would have started me on supplements to help sustain the pregnancy

Thank you praying13!!! I was super nervous about that progesterone thing. You rock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->