Hi all. back after months of trying..with HSG

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
DH and I have been trying for nearly a year now with no luck. After a string of blood tests for both of us, a myriad of soft cups, temping, pineapple craziness etc we took the next step..he had a normal SA and I had an HSG yesterday...All normal I'm still having some minor cramping amd spotting and have high hopes this month will be our month.

Anyone else have the HSG recently with positive results??

Hi

I had my HSG last week. I am waiting for my results. They said it will take 7 to 10 working days and they will only let me know in my next appointment with consultant in june

In June? !?! Why so long??? Not only were my results instant but I got to watch the whole thing on screen and she told me what was going on (it helped take my mind off the pain too hehe)
Did your OB do the test or a tech? It seems crazy to have to wait even a week .

MnG, I am having HSG this Thursday. A little nervous since I am a wuss when it comes to pain :). But excited and eager to know what's wrong. I did all the blood tests and so far, it seems that I might be Vit D deficient. DH also did his SA. But, we haven't have any meeting with the RE yet. They won't see us until we finish all the tests. So hopefully we'll get to see the RE some time this month! Off to get another blood test to make sure that I am not pregnant before my HSG on Thursday. Glad to hear that the HSG went well and not so painful the next day :D.

I did have some cramping today. Yesterday was much more severe especially during the procedure. They do say to take Tylenol about an hr prior but it didn't seem to help me any.
Turns out my cervix was a tad open yet -from residual menstrual- and all the contrast was spilling out of me instead of going into my tubes..OB ended up having to "plug" it with her finger (sorry TMI) And once she did that I felt the pang and whoosh of contrast into my tubes and that hurt the most!

I was told to take ibuprofen 20 minutes before and they already prescribed me vicodin and antibiotics. Did they not give you a pain killer? Did they find anything?

I was told to take ibuprofen 20 minutes before and they already prescribed me vicodin and antibiotics. Did they not give you a pain killer? Did they find anything?

No pain killers.. by the time she was finished the pain ended (minus the on and off last night/this morning). I aso should note to expect some light spotting afterwards..that fluid has to go somewhere lol...
They found I was clear with no tube issues :happydance:

Hi ladies. Just wanted to say that i had my hsg in march, it was extremely painful (i think i had minor blockages) but the tech managed to push both tubes open after asking for more dye lol and it pushed my ovulation back 3 days. Anyway I am pleased to say that it worked for me cos i got my bfp 2 weeks after and I am now 8 weeks along with #2 and scan confirmed baby is in the right place with heart beat. I also conceived my dd a month after hsg, so 2 hsg babies for me lol. Good luck ladies it does work, baby dust to all x

Hi ladies, I haven't had an HSG yet, but my mother conceived me immediately after hers. I put a request in to my OB to schedule one for my next cycle, should this one fail to give me a BFP.

So glad I read this post as I did not know about the pain... you would think my mother would have told me :wacko:

EEkkk...i better go get my vicodin! I did hear that HSG was painful for some and lots of ladies get BFP afterward. Things that we have to go through to have a baby :).

Drrambaby..congrats!!! Do you mind me asking If you had any spotting after? It's now 2 days post and I'm having it here and there..

Hi ladies, I haven't had an HSG yet, but my mother conceived me immediately after hers. I put a request in to my OB to schedule one for my next cycle, should this one fail to give me a BFP.

So glad I read this post as I did not know about the pain... you would think my mother would have told me :wacko:

From what I've read the pain is diff for everyone. I'm convinced I had pain bc they were somewhat blocked and she THEN told me they were open. Good luck!

It all depends on the woman. Some women get no pain and some get tons. Mine was HORRID BUT my tube is blocked so that's what made it hurt sooo bad. I know many women who had perfectly clear tubes that had no pain. It def UPS ur chances by 25% for 3 cycles after tho. FX for u girls! I go for a repeat HSG (regardless of the pain lol) in july/august after ive been taking my enzymes for 3-4 months and hopefully this time the dye will push thru the rest of the blockage :) FX!!

:dust:

Drrambaby..congrats!!! Do you mind me asking If you had any spotting after? It's now 2 days post and I'm having it here and there..

yea I had a little spotting just afterwards on the day and that was it but then hsg is completely different from person to person.

My HSG was in early March. Is was VERY painful, but just for a few minutes. I had a tube removed last fall due to an ectopic, so I think that's why it was so painful (all that dye only had one little tube to flow through instead of two).

I was also very sick the next day. I think I had a bad reaction to the contrast b/c I'm allergic to iodine which is in the contrast. I told them this and they said I'd be fine, but it was not the case!

I spotted for a few days, but I think it was the iodine, which is rust colored, not actual blood.

No BFP for me yet but hopefully soon! I'm currently one day late for AF.

Mine was definitely bright red, not the rust color I was expecting. Either way we are making sure to BD every other night for a week whether we're busy or not :happydance:

In June? !?! Why so long??? Not only were my results instant but I got to watch the whole thing on screen and she told me what was going on (it helped take my mind off the pain too hehe)
Did your OB do the test or a tech? It seems crazy to have to wait even a week .

The consultant isn't friendly, she does not talk much and when I ask questions she kind of tells me to chillax. HSG was done in 2 min and immediately she headed to her room. I quickly asked her couple of questions before she disappeared. I managed to get my hsg results by asking the hospital to fax the results to my GP and I collected my results from my GP. Everything is fine and I think when I meet the consultant next month, she might put us under 'unexplained infertility'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->