Hi, brand new and first pg (cautiously)

victoria1987

Reaction score
Hi everyone, :flower:
I am brand new on this forum and extremely cautiously expecting my first. I have some questions as I am very nervous!

Firstly, I took a test on the 10th at 11dpo and got a very faint + but kind of disregarded it as I worried it was just my eyes playing tricks on me.

Yesterday (11th, 12dpo) took another test (different brand) and got a much more clear + so told DH.

He is absolutely ecstatic! I cant believe how excited he is which makes me super nervous that I got a false + and am not really pg :( It is making me crazy! I even kept asking DH if he was sure there were two lines and it wasnt just in my head and he said they were two very clear lines. So have any of you ever had this happen? Obviously I know that I need to have a proper test at the Dr. and will be making an appt today and am going to take a few more tests in the meantime! I guess I just cant believe it :happydance:

The second thing that I am worried about is that I may "jostle" baby out, and yes I realised how crazy that sounds as I typed it. But I am scared that if I cough or have a poo or bd it may hurt something.

Sorry for the rambling anxiety I am a tad nervous lol, but any info would be appreciated

Congratulations!

I think that if you took more than one test and they were positive you definitley are pregnant. Even the faintest positive line is still positive. If you took any pictures you can post them and get opinions but I'm sure you are fine. And I actually had the same fear and it is probably a normal fear but the chances of that happening are small.

Are you having any symptoms?

You don't need a "proper" test at doctors. Home pregnancy test work just the same and are just as reliable. I know some places do bloods tests and all that malarky. but if your home pregnancy test is telling you that you are pregnant then you are pregnant. I generally avoid seeing the doctor unless absolutely necessary, have never had a pregnancy test off the doctors and can self refer to the midwife so completely don't need to go near the docs unless there is an issue.

Women have been pooing, coughing and having sex during early pregnancy for thousands and thousands of years. Baby is safe and snug in there. If you have issues such as bleeding then its best to avoid sex. Other than that there shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for your replies! I realise that I sound nutty I'm just a bit nervous. As for symptoms, my breasts are very full and sore and have been for about a week other than that not really much yet. Mild things that I am not sure I can attribute to pg (like bloating, gas, vivid dreams) I also have some cramping but it is mild so I'm not worried, feels like o pains.

I didn't realise that I did not need a blood test! When I told dh he said that I need to call the Dr as soon as they open to get checked out. I told him I wanted to see a midwife but he said he would feel more comfortable if I see a Dr in the meantime :( not too keen on the idea but he is very "modern medicine" oriented.
So you are saying that I can just wait and only see a midwife? We are able to self refer too btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->