Hi can I have some ideas please?..

B

Butterfly2

Hi my sisters oh, has asked me to find out what sort of engagement ring she would like, without her knowing of course, he wants to propose to her after Christmas.. hes in the army and has been away on tour for the last 6 weeks, my sister and their son have missed him terribly, he's due back tomorrow night but only for a couple of days then he will be back Christmas Eve for a week and half. I just don't know how to find out what she likes without asking her!!! I'm fantastic at keeping secrets but terrible if you ask me to do something in secret!!
I can't ask mum or anyone here for ideas as he's told me to keep it top secret and I think he's probably going to ask our stepdad for permission first knowing what he's like!

Anyway if anyone's got any ideas that would be a great help! Thanks xx

Maybe say someone you vaguely know (like at work or something, someone she'll have no way of knowing) has just got engaged and you were looking at pictures of the ring on facebook and it was xyz which you think is so tacky or abc which looks so good. Ask her is she agrees - like 'omg this girl at work just got engaged her ring is HUGE. I think it looks naff. Don't you thing big engagement rings are so tacky?' then try and lead a conversation from there?
How exciting - i love stuff like this. Let us know how it goes! :D

^^ I agree. Bring the topic of engagement rings up in a very casual way. Do you actually know anyone who's got engaged recently?

I agree with the others, or talk about one you seen in a magazine or on the telly, either say it was beautiful or not nice etc!

Such a hard job!!

My MIL knew OH was going to ask me to marry him and the shop said for the ring he picked it would look best on someone with quite long fingers, MIL managed to go on about the car seat in her car, made out it wasnt in properly cause she couldnt get her fingers in so she could see the length of my fingers :rofl: i never knew a thing!!

I think I will try those ideas sounds fab thanks girls.. It is a hard job haha, bless him he would have been better asking my mum to do this!! He didn't make it back this weekend they changed time of his plane so he now won't be home till next weekend, my sisters very :( over it.

Wow that's very imaginative of your MIL to use the carsest Lauren! :)

I'm seeing my sister tomorrow for the whole day, dentist trip there's always magazines there might be abl to strike a convo there hehe!!

I don't know why I didn't think of it.. I got engaged last year and as we need to save money for wedding cuz we got another bubba on the way we haven't really spoke about it in months.. I told her that oh has asked me to look into prices of rings so we can start a money pot for saving, we went and had a look around and she showed me the type of engagement rings she likes, but never really believes that her oh will ask her... She is going to be over the moon... Anyway turns out my sister likes the classic style ring, white gold band with a simple diamond in the centre, she showed me loads which look very similar to each other.. I manged to message back to her oh that the mission is completed and sent him some photos!!! I may have even sorted out a venue for him to propose... I have offered him my holiday tickets.. I just want them to be happy.. Il be dammed if he asked me to find out her ring size haha!!!!

Aww I'm so glad it went so well :) she sounds like she's going to be very shocked!

Every girl likes diamond jewellery and wish the same on their engagement and wedding from their husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->