HI CD 13 , TTC no 2 looking for someone to chat to !

gem1985x

1ds and a teeny bit preg
Reaction score
Hi Girls , Im back TTC a brother or sister for my son Daniel James ! Would love to chat to someone TTC to ! I have endometriosis so my son is a little miracle but being a bit greedy and looking for that second miracle ! :) hope your all well and would love to chat ! x

Hey gem

I'm ttc #2 aswell - I have a 21 month old little girl so going for a slightly bigger age gap than you? Have you always wanted children close together or is it more a case of not wanting to wait in case it takes a while? I would have liked to ttc earlier but stopped by boring financial reasons.

I'm only a few days behind you in my cycle - looking forward to my first 2WW this time round!

I've always wanted a close age gap and I'm going to be off work looking after my son so would rather have them closer so that once they go to nursery and school I can get back to work ! Also the endo is a worry ! I've had no scans since pregnancy so don't know what's going on with it !your a wee year and a bit in front of me ! I'm hoping my sickness isn't as bad If I get pregnant again ! I don't know how looking after DJ and sickness will pan out just got to cope I guess ! :)

I was pretty lucky and didn't really suffer with sickness last time. I do remember being mega tired in the first trimester though so might be napping alongside my daughter if its the same again :haha:

So did you have treatment for your endo last time in order to fall pregnant? If you don't mind me asking did it take you long to conceive? It took us just over a year as I had really messed up cycles when I came off the pill.

I guess I'm kind of the opposite to you in that I have waited this long so my daughter is closer to going to school as we really can't afford 2 in childcare for very long. I also can't afford to give up work completely - or at least not unless we won the lottery :happydance:

I had been given a hormone treatment to put me in the menopause the year before I fell pregnant I stopped that in the July my periods started back in the OCt and then I was due an operation in feb 2011 to treat 3 cysts and lazer some endo away but found out I was pregnant on christmas eve 2010 ! I was really lucky I fell so quickly . But is been charting , using opks taking soy , hoping this time I can relax a bit more - stlll using opks tho ! :)
Have u been using the pill again or did u decide not to after i ur daughter ?

We are the same money is going to be tight but my little boy is profoundly deaf . So waiting for tests in June to see if he is suitable for cochlear implants . I was meant to be going back to find part time work but I feel DJ needs a bit more attention with communication and mmummy time :) Also if he gets op I'd need alot of time off work .

How long have u been ttc ? Just recent ?

I had been given a hormone treatment to put me in the menopause the year before I fell pregnant I stopped that in the July my periods started back in the OCt and then I was due an operation in feb 2011 to treat 3 cysts and lazer some endo away but found out I was pregnant on christmas eve 2010 ! I was really lucky I fell so quickly . But is been charting , using opks taking soy , hoping this time I can relax a bit more - stlll using opks tho ! :)
Have u been using the pill again or did u decide not to after i ur daughter ?

We are the same money is going to be tight but my little boy is profoundly deaf . So waiting for tests in June to see if he is suitable for cochlear implants . I was meant to be going back to find part time work but I feel DJ needs a bit more attention with communication and mmummy time :) Also if he gets op I'd need alot of time off work .

How long have u been ttc ? Just recent ?

Very recently - this is my first cycle :haha: I have been thinking about it and counting down to being ready to try for ages though so thats why I'm already a little obsessed!

I didn't go back on the pill after my daughter was born - I had already decided that I wouldn't as it had messed my body up so much but also I got a DVT at 38 weeks pregnant and so the combined pill is not recommended as the hormones in it increase the risk of further DVT's. I charted temps last time as my cycles were crazy but this time I am trying to have a more laid back approach too. How long have you been ttc? Fingers crossed we both fall nice and quickly.

When did you find out that your son was profoundly deaf (again I hope you don't mind me being nosey - just ignore me if you don't want to go into it!)? It must be a lot to take in so I can understand you wanting to dedicate your time to him.

My first official cycle to ! We had a wee "scare" last month but where both really disappointed at our bfn ! So decided to officially try ! I get married in 7 weeks to so hoping if I fall I don't ballon to much first couple of weeks !

Excuse my ignorance but what Is dvt ? I'm heading towards thinking it's deep vein thrombosis ?but don't want to presume !

Not at all ask away ! He called his newborn tests
. And at 6 weeks we got the official diagnosis . He's worn baby blue hearing aids since 11 weeks old and he's doing amazing! :) you wouldn't know until u notice his ears ! He's so cheeky , funny and into everything , he's starting signing to incase he isn't suitable for cochlear implants ! Not fun trying to stop him pulling his ears out and intones mouth tho !

What's ur lo name ? Is she into
Everything ? :) x

Wow - getting married in 7 weeks - you certainly have plenty to be getting on with. I loved my wedding day and spent the month after wishing I could do it all again :thumbup: What sort of wedding do you have planned?

My little girl is called Amelia - it was my nan's middle name and I knew before I even started trying that if I had a girl I would want to call her that. I am really loving the age she is at now - she is starting to say more and more words although now she has learnt to say 'pleez' in a majorly cute way I find it even harder to say no to stuff! She is getting so grown up and I can't believe she will be 2 in a few months.

Yeah DVT is deep vein thrombosis - I had a large clot at the top of my left leg. I just woke up one morning and my leg was stiff like I had slept on it funny. It then went more and more purple and swollen as the day went on and so I ended up going to A&E and it was a clot. I had to inject myself twice a day for the rest of my pregnancy and for 6 months after that until I swapped onto tablets. I'll have to inject the whole way through my next pregnancy too :dohh: but it'll be worth it!

I'm glad to hear DJ is doing well - does he sign BSL or is it simpler signs like Makaton when he is so little? I did a quick google of cochlear implants earlier so I didn't ask stupid questions - they look really amazing so fingers crossed he will be suitable. Is he on the move yet? Amelia was a late crawler so didn't get going til she was nearly 11 months - difficult to remember now she is running and climbing all over the place!

It's not a lavish affair , DJ is getting christened to so should be a lovely service ! I had initially said a small wedding but we have 110 coming to full thing - it's a late service 4.30pm so having dinner then a party ! I'm excited now and doing my invites tomorrow night to get ready to send what was ur wedding like ? What a beautiful name !!! Gorgeous !! She sounds so cute !

Would you like another girl , or a boy or do you have no preference ? I would love another boy but would Love a girl to - less thins to buy for a boy though ;)

God that must have been scary for you. !but at least you are prepared this time to try and prevent it happening again

Yeah fingers crossed he is suitable ! Yeah he's on the move but doing an army crawl and rolling when he fancies some speed ! :) nOt proper crawling yet. :)

Wow - a wedding and a christening - that will be lovely! My wedding was very small and quite traditional - about 30 people in the day for a sit down meal and then another 40-50 at night but I loved it all! I don't normally like to be the centre of attention but I enjoyed it that day and loved being in my dress.

I'm not really sure what I'd prefer gender wise - i would love a boy to give my husband a son but I'd like a girl to give my daughter a sister as I always wanted a sister. Last time I only had a girls name and not a boys and this time I have a definite boys name that I'd like to use and no idea of a girls so maybe that means I'll have a boy. I'm sure I'll be thrilled either way especially as I don't want to find out until he/she is born so I'll be so glad labour is over I won't care what it is! Did you find out the sex with DJ? Did his name come from anywhere in particular or just names you liked? OUr surname begins with J and I'd love to call a boy something beginning with J so he would be JJ but my OH won't have any of it!!

So what did you do workwise before you went on maternity? Do you miss work at all or not bothered? I loved my maternity leave but think I would miss going to work if I hadn't gone back. Being away from Amelia when I'm at work seems to motivate me to make the most of the 4 days we have together.

Hi ! sorry for the delay in replying Its been a crazy weekend . Yeah I found out the sex with DJ at 16 weeks . I really liked the name Benjamin but my OH hated it , He liked Daniel but I prefered Daniel James so I got my way lol . James is my OH name !

I was a development manager of a project working with young people with profound and multiple learning disabilties , I loved my Job but Very emotionally draining . What is it you do ? How you doing in ur Cycle ? I think I missed my surge this month ! :( grrr

I'm a manager for a community based service for adults with learning disabilities - so our jobs are in the same kind of area. I only work 3 days a week so its not to bad - can be stressful but then I get 4 days off to relax and forget it all.

I think I am 3 or 4 dpo - can't be absolutely sure as not temping but basing it on last few cycles. I have promised myself I won't test unless AF doesn't show but not sure how long my willpower will hold out. Sorry to hear you think you missed your surge - lets hope your wrong and we both get a nice fat BFP!

the witch got me !!! boooo :( how are u getting on ? fx for u !

No sign of AF yet but not officially due til at least Wednesday. Thinks I have sore boobs but could be my imagination! Trying to stay strong and not test til I'm late!
Sorry the witch got you - you going to try anything different this cycle?

My opks are rubbish so don't know if I'll use them
I'll maybe try soy this cycle as I used it the cycle I fell with DJ x

Well I got a BFP! Still feeling a bit cautious as my test lines don't seem as dark as when I was pregnant with DD but the digi moved up to 2-3 weeks today so that's a good sign. I had a chemical pregnancy the cycle before I fell with A so that's why I'm nervous of faint lines.
Can't believe I've fell first month when it took so long with A!
I hope you have more luck this cycle and the soy works for you. I'll be watching out for your BFP!

Congratulations !!!! Will hopefully join you soon ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->