Hi girls! I'm new here.

ShakeItBaby1

Mommy to Riley Elizabeth
Reaction score
Hi girls! I'm new here. I'm a little nervous as this is my first baby website that I've actually had the nerve to sign up for and post in! Here's a little background about me:
I'm currently 22 years old, and NTNP. I've been with my boyfriend for a little while, and recently I've been wondering if I can even get pregnant. :nope:

I started my period when I was 14 years old, and ever since - I haven't been regular. It's nothing for me to go 6, 7, 8 months without one. Since 2012, I had one in February, one in October, and then in 2013 I've had one in February, and a "period" this month. (I'll explain why I put quotes around period in a second..)
I have been to a doctor, and explained my situation. They drew my blood and said everything checked out, but I'm not quite sure what tests they ran or what exactly they were looking for. The doctor did give me a pill to see if it would "jump start" my period. I researched it, and I can't exactly remember what it was called - but it said that the period you get with this pill is actually more of a withdrawl bleed. They also told me I don't look like a typical PCOS case, so they didn't really give me too much information. I recently bought some multi-vitamins, and was wondering if this helped anybody? Or what I could possibly do to regulate myself?

So, back to my "period" story. This month, I started "bleeding" on March 18th. When I first wiped, it was brown as usual so I figured that I'd be getting my period, no big deal. However, next time I went to the bathroom - there was nothing. No bleeding, nothing when I wiped - so I started to get a little curious. Later on that night, I went to the bathroom, and there was a little more brown blood in my discharge. Well, over the next few days it continued like this...switching from brown to pink, but never actually bleeding like a period. I'd say on the fourth or fifth day, I actually started bleeding...but it was different. Very light with a few clots. (Sorry if that's TMI!) And usually with my periods, I only bleed for about 5 days, but this time I did for about 9. So, I was wondering if any of you other ladies had been through anything like this? Could this have been a possible miscarriage? I had back cramps like CRAZY and a few abdominal cramps, but nothing that would send me to the emergency room.

If any of you ladies could help me, I would greatly appreciate it!! I know this post was kind of long, but I couldn't think of anyway to shorten it. Sorry.

:) Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi welcome!

I would say it was just the effects of this pill. I've had 2 miscarriages and I bled heavily with each one.

I wasn't typically pcos either but turns out I do have it.

I don't have excess hair, pretty regular periods and whenever i checked I was ovulating. Turns out I had elevated testosterone no other symptoms apart from only ovulayting every 2 months or so anyway I was given metformin and now I have a little boy.

Good luck :)

Hi! :)

I had stopped taking the pill after the first pack she gave me, because I wasn't quite sure what it was supposed to do. And I figured if she wanted it to jumpstart my period, I'd see if it did after one month. If you don't mind me asking, when did you miscarry? If I did miscarry, I would've only been about 3 or 4 weeks pregnant. Not very far along at all..

Glad to hear you have a wonderful baby boy now!! :) This gives me hope since you say you do have PCOS. How did they figure out you had PCOS? Did they do blood work? Sorry, I'm a little nosy! Lol.

Everyone's open on here so don't worry!

I had one in 2008 and one 2 months before I got pregnant with my son.

Both the babies didn't get past 5 weeks but I was classed at 11 weeks pregnant 1st time and 8 weeks with the second.

With my pcos my doctor could only get accurate blood results when it was the day of my period not before or after. Apparently this is when ur blood shows everything.

If your wanting to try though I would recommend clearblue digital ovulation tests and sasmar conceive plus lubricant.

I used the clearblue for my last miscarriage and my son. Fell pregnant first month of trying each time lol.

Don't rule out the possibility of a miscarriage, everyone's different. My first was absolute agony, contracting and everything you name it. Second it was a slow process just passing clots every few days but continuously bleeding like a heavy period x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->