Hi - I am having a Clomid Baby!

CtinaH

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am Chris and I am around 5 weeks Pregnant - We started TTC 5 years ago and it turned out I wasn't ovulating. In 2016 we did 2 x 50mg Clomid which did nothing and 2 x 100mg Clomid which did show ovulation but did not result in a pregnancy. I was then diagnosed with PCOS and given Metformin in October 2017 and spent the last 12 months trying to lose weight and get my head in the right space to start trying again.

On 7th November I started another round of Clomid 50mg and was told my Blood test showed no ovulation (I never had a strong enough OPK to maybe time the bloods right) but after feeling strange for a few days I asked my partner to get a test so we could write a line under this cycle and start again in the new year (because my Hycosy is booked for next week) but to our surprise it came back a BFP!!

The first one we have ever gotten and I am terrified, I really didn't think it would work. I keep feeling totally over whelmed and teary as I never thought we would have a baby and finding it hard to Just accept and Enjoy the fact it worked and we are pregnant. I told my Doctor and he said "You don't need to do anything - Just take Folic Acid and avoid alcohol" which was no help at all. He has not even made a note of it on my files.

I wanted to Join the forum because I do feel confused, over whelmed and lost! No idea what I should be doing now but I do have a telephone appointment with my Fertility clinic so going to see what they have to say first. I am hoping they offer an early scan which may make it a little more real and reassure me.

I am 32 and live in Wiltshire. Sorry it's a long waffling Introduction.

Hi and welcome to BabyandBump! Congratulations! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Hi Chris

Welcome to BabyandBump and massive congratulation <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"