hi im new here

ella n girls

Reaction score
hi im new to baby and bump so i best introduce myself , my name is ella i have 3 daughters teagan who is 3 ruby who is 15 months and jaimee who is 13 weeks (8 ) corrected , teagan is a healhy 3 year old , ruby has hyporthyroidism , jaimee however has hypothyroidism and had a intercranium hemorage at 32 weeks gestation in pregnancy soshe was delivered at 35 weeks by c section and spent 2 and half weeks in nicu , the bleed in her brain is a grade 4 and i m all quite new to it so altho i know some of what could happen i am not entirely sure , i would love to chat to others facing the same sort of things or just someone who likes havin there ear bent xx

HI Ella

I don't know much about the effects of hyperthyrodism in children, but my son has spina bifida and hydrocephealus and also had a brian hemmorage at birth. I dont know what the grades mean though??

I am happy to chat, even if I can't offer you much advice!

aw thanks , is that your son in the picture he looks really cute bless him , the hypothyroidism is controlled by tablets no real effects if tablets followed , think the bleeds graded 1 to 4 1 bein less severe 4 being the worse , i wud love to chat to youon here talking always seems to help , my cousins son has spina bifida and they were told he wud do nothin but he is crawling now doin really well xx:happydance:

aw thanks , is that your son in the picture he looks really cute bless him , the hypothyroidism is controlled by tablets no real effects if tablets followed , think the bleeds graded 1 to 4 1 bein less severe 4 being the worse , i wud love to chat to youon here talking always seems to help , my cousins son has spina bifida and they were told he wud do nothin but he is crawling now doin really well xx:happydance:

Yes, that is my son. He is walking and doing everything he should for his age. Makes me wonder why i stressed so much when I found out abut his SB.

A good friend of mine just found out her newborn has hypothyriodism. I really had no idea that babies and children suffered with it. I thought it was something which developed over time. It is one of those things that you just have no idea what to expect in the future isnt it?

I am glad your cousin's son is crawling! How old is he? I run a group for families with children with SB (in my signature) if your cousin needs anyone to talk to. We have over 100 families in the UK.

aw bless him i bet you are chuffed that he is doing so well ,

i didnt even havea clue what hypothyroidism was till i had ruby and i thought it was the end of the world but its simpe to control

my cousin has no net at the mo but once she gets up and on here again i will introduce her to this site

cousins son is 13 moths now and is crawling and pulling up on furmiture hes gorgeous but it htink he has got to have a operation shortly on his spine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->