Hi, is/has anyone suffed PND with their 1st child but are now WTT?

Danilou1910

Mammy to 1-Charlie
Reaction score
Just wondering, as I suffered pretty bad from PND with my first son. I a WWT to try for y second LO next july. But I a pretty scared incase I slip into my old self and find I a struggling again.

I am also worried that guilt may over ride me as well. As I feel I may find myself in a no win situation. I feel guilty that my Son has had to see his mother the way he did and if i'm ok with my next LO have they had a better start? so I feel guilty towards my son. And if I suffer from PND, putting my son through it all again and my next LO.

Me and my hubby really want to try for another one but I have so many worries as well as excitement. I think I have learnt so much from raising my son that will be invaluable to raising my second, but I am petrified as well.

Any advice at all would be great, just wanted to here it from another mother who may have gone or is going through the same thing. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, if you think I should post else where please suggest.

Thanks for reading if you got this far :)

I wouldn't say I had a full blown case of PND but I was depressed more the first six moths or so of my sons life. Mostly because I felt isolated, I never left the house in fear that any and everything would go wrong. The one time I finally decided to take my son to the store he cried the whole time and it took until he was almost a year for me take take him anywhere by myself. My anxiety level was through the roof the first several months and it was confusing how a was so incredibly happy but sad at the same time. This time I plan on speaking up and asking for support from my family if I go through the same thing again. Also, when we had our son there was a lot going on in our lives but now we are completely settled so I'm hoping that will help. As long as you have support from your family and friends you will get through it. If by some chance you did get it again remember you can always talk to your doctor about ways to help you through it. :hugs:

I feel the same, that now I have been through it i know there's mountains of support there and I will find it easier to ask for help if I need it. I was the same when you're depressed your anxiety can hit the roof, i constantly felt as tho everyone was watching me and waiting for me to do something wrong when I was in public, but I couldn't stand being in the same 4 walls as I felt totally isolated. I had a lot going on when my son was born as well and I swore to myself that I would make sure I was practically ready and settled before even considering TTC. And I feel we are about there, you learn so much from experience and I know that I just felt totally out of control of everything and I won't let it get that far again.

I have been pondering whether to ask for some councilling after new year to help release my guilt so that I can just focus on being a good mum to my amazing little boy.

I had terrible PND after my first, I had the support of a councillor and a psychiatrist and was on antidepressants for at least the first year of her life but it did pass and we bonded:cloud9:
I really wanted my kids very close in age but I held back scared of experiencing the same thing again. In the end I fell pregnant on the pill so the decision was made for me! I had absolutely no problems after my son and I was offered so much support during and after my pregnancy. I had my 3rd 18months after my second and again no problems.
We are now waiting for af to try for fourth and final:happydance:

Thanks mummy3, sounds like you are managing fine. Just hope it pans out the same for me. But I guess the only way I will ever know is to try for number 2. Good luck and happy baby making for number 4 :happydance:

I have never suffered with PND as I haven't yet had my first, but I am planning to try next year for LO number 1! but I suffer with bad anxiety and reoccuring depression so I am very worried that I may fail to cope :blush: I am slowly coming off my medication now to try and get used to being off them and although I seem to be doing well its a very tense time!

I would say just go for it, you only live once and you never know everything may be fine, and even if you do have problems doctors have ways to help and as long as your partner is supportive I would say its a win win situation!

I can't pretend to know what PND is like- it's something that I am scared of. But I think the fact that you know and are aware means you are far less likely to fall into that downward spiral.

Hi hun, I have suffered from PND with my son and this is something that concerns me a bit too. I am planning to try for our second LO in April/May. I am hoping that, as my doctor is aware of my history and it should be in my notes, next time round it might be something they look out for x

Hi hun, I have suffered from PND with my son and this is something that concerns me a bit too. I am planning to try for our second LO in April/May. I am hoping that, as my doctor is aware of my history and it should be in my notes, next time round it might be something they look out for x

We are hoping to start TTC by june/july next year. Maybe we could be TTC buddies when it comes around and support each other. I feel the one thing that would have helped even more would have been to meet others that are going/ or have gone through the same thing :)

I am currently receiving treatment for PND and desperate for baby no2 but understand I need to concentrate on my own health but hoping to TTC about same as you. Feel free to PM me anytime xx

We are hoping to start TTC by june/july next year. Maybe we could be TTC buddies when it comes around and support each other. I feel the one thing that would have helped even more would have been to meet others that are going/ or have gone through the same thing :)

Yes hun we definitely should, I really think it helps :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->