Hi Ladies

Feb4th2011

Reaction score
I'm Currently 28 weeks and am planning a home birth in July with a midwife and two doulas and my husband. Over the last week I've been having waves of fear come over me. "What if something happens to me or baby" I don't know where this is coming from, but I have this worry that something might happen that could have been helped if at a hospital. It's making me feel crazy and I want the calm feeling back... Any suggestions for books or blogs that may help me chill out? This will be my first home birth, but second birth. My DS IS 2.5 and was born in hospital in a fairly uneventful birth ( it was just really long... 36 from start to finish)

Those fears are totally normal to be experiencing now, no matter where you plan on birthing, not that they're pleasant :hugs: have you been doing any hypnobirthing or taken any other sort of birth classes? Reading positive home birth stories can help a lot too, and there are some good books as well. I can't remember most of the titles on my to read list just now though.
I'd start with the birth stories in this section of the forum and then read some birth stories at birthwithoutfear.com

I agree with hypnobirthing. I didn't really use the techniques (although I did find it helpful repeating to myself that it was pressure I was feeling and not pain while I was in labour) but I found just reading the book helped me have a positive attitude towards birth and calmed any fears.

Thanks ladies!! I actually attended a sacred pregnancy retreat shortly after posting and it was like flicking a switch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->