hi moms i just have a quick question

28weeker

Reaction score
i had my baby @ 28 weeks and he is now 32 weeks he's doin pretty good for now and i was just wondering how long after my baby come home is it safe for me to take him outside :baby:

Here there are no time limits really. Our neonatal encouraged us to take our 27 weeker for a walk in the pram a week or so before she was discharged. You may feel differently with winter coming up. We left in the September so wrapped her up warm and limited contact at first.

Congratulations on your little one - you can find lots of advice in the premature babies section here and we're all happy to help

https://www.babyandbump.com/premature-babies/

thank you my baby is only 32 weeks now so he still has a while before he leave the nicu i have to think ahead so that i dont go crazy what did u do to help pass the time

:hugs: We read her stories while in the unit, so she recognised our voice. We also took a little time out each day for ourselves to get a good lunch and popped to the shops to buy little clothes and things for her room. It helped!!! I got some good advice from the girls here too as soon as my little one arrived. xxx

We filled a lot of our time being with friends, and loved ones, to try and bring some normality back to what had turned into such a confusing, difficult and tough time.

Shop. Laugh. Eat out. And visit your LO plenty! :winkwink:

It is hard to fill a day, but I spent most of it on the internet playing games!

As for going out, the only thing we were cautioned against was spending too much time in places with artificial air e.g shopping centres, supermarkets and the like as these do tend to harbour bugs. Plenty of fresh air is fine. We also chose to avoid visiting too may friends and family for the first few weeks - especially my FIL in a hospice ward. After that we only ever avoided anyone who was poorly.

Abby was home in summer but she still did feel the cold so make sure you have plenty of layers on your LO and a big wooly hat!

thank you ladies so much just gettin on here and talkin to u moms that know how i feel make me feel better my baby was on the vent for 3 weeks and then they changed him to the cpap then back on the vent for 2 days now back on cpap as of today so i got my fingers crossed that he move foward and not back again he was born i pound 9 ounces now he is 2 pounds 8 ounces he didnt have any brain bleeds o2 levels are between 21-30 it might get a little higher at times i can not wait for this to be over it feels like a bad dream and i just cant wake up from it should i be worried about his eyes please feel free to give me any kind of advise thanks again

thank you ladies so much just gettin on here and talkin to u moms that know how i feel make me feel better my baby was on the vent for 3 weeks and then they changed him to the cpap then back on the vent for 2 days now back on cpap as of today so i got my fingers crossed that he move foward and not back again he was born i pound 9 ounces now he is 2 pounds 8 ounces he didnt have any brain bleeds o2 levels are between 21-30 it might get a little higher at times i can not wait for this to be over it feels like a bad dream and i just cant wake up from it should i be worried about his eyes please feel free to give me any kind of advise thanks again

Ahem...and Daddies, too!? LOL :blush:

There is no way of telling (I don't think) this early on whether ROP could set in but I wouldn't like to comment, air your concerns with the neonate staff, they're excellent!

We never got to take Sophie out in the pram when she was still in neonatal...we were told we weren't to take her out (or bath her) till the community nurse had visited us the day after we got her home and had checked her temperature etc. We took her out that afternoon after the nurse had gone - we couldn't wait any longer :rofl:

joseph i am so sorry and thank u both soooo much for responding i am so greatfull to have found this site

Why are you worried about LO's eyes hun? ROP?

Your Los eyes will be tested for ROP - pretty much just checking to see if any damage has been done with oxygen. Generally things are fine in most cases.

For us, she had to have laser eye surgery otherwise it would be likely she'd be blind by 1 year old. It was a very simple op, nothing to freak about (try tell me that when I was told it was going to happen :dohh:) and recently she was prescribed glasses at 2 year old but it may not be forever :) Small price to pay really when she had a grade 4 bleed.

thank u and they have been testing him for rop they said everything look good but they will check him every 2 weeks

Joseph had his eyes tested as normal, and they picked nothing up at all. Even two weeks after he went home, his eye test was still clear.

It wasn't until WE asked for another test as he wasnt responding to anything visually, so thats why it's difficult to understand whats happened 'cos they've ruled out ROP 100%.

thank u joseph wow is your baby ok now and im just gone continue to pray and not worry about it i can tell he can see somthing cause when the lights are bright he squint his eyes then when i dim the lights he opens them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->