Hi new and unsure :s

Aphrodite

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new here so just wanted to intro myself.
Im 25, married for 3 years to gorgeous hubby. Im halfway thru training to be a nurse. I came off the pill in April. Since then we have not really used contraception, on and off.

Now, we are not trying as such. We always planned to try after I qualify. But 2 of my cousins and 2 friends (all my age or younger) have found they cant have kids, or have like 5% chances of conceiving. Its really scared me so the fact I am not preggo worries me into thinking I TOO cant have a baby :( Ideally we want to wait till I'm qualified but if it did happen now, it wouldn't be ok. OH is v.broody lol. So Im wondering, what should we do? haha. I want to know I CAN get preggo, but worried that if I wait till i qualify, then try, i will be nearing 30 b4 i know whether I can conceive or not.

I'm open to advice on what people would do. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Aphro x x x x

by the way, i just read above a typo-it WOULD be ok if i got preggo now lol, sorry about that!

Hey hun, if you think you could cope with being pregnant now then in my opinion you should go for it. Although there are those in your family who are having problems conceiving is no guarantee you'll have the problems if you feel you would rather go for it then why not? You can always return at a later date to finish off your training after all should you fall pregnant before you qualify. xx

Hello and welcome! Im new on here too but fast becoming addicted! I think to be honest it would be ok for you to get pregnant whilst training because you could easily return to the course at a later date. And actually the pro of doing it that way is at least then you wouldnt just start a new job and then fall pregnant and have the hassle of maternity pay etc if you hadnt been there long. I can understand it would be worrying to find that out about your friends and cousins but it definetely does not mean that you'll have problems too. Im a nurse too! trained as a paediatric nurse but now working as a school nurse. Anyway good luck with whatever you decide to do xx

how long do you have left of the training ??? if its not long I would just go for it, as you said you do not know what will happen xx

Im half way through now. I could take out as much time as I wanted-upto 2 years tho i wont do that, if it did happpen maybe a term. Im just worried that i would find it haqrd to go back! I hope it wont as my career means so much to me. Maybe we could wait a few months then try. If we carried on as we are now, when do u think we should seek advice? A year? more? after coming off the pill x x

they say if after a year and nothing has worked then to go see gp and they should be able to help some how i had my son an i am only just getting back into working as he has just started school most people you work for are really supportive bout people going off and having kids and you can always go part time with your training if you wanted it will take longer but then at least you will have the time to spend with your baby if you do decide to start trying now but the decision is down to you when you wanna start ttc!!:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->