Hi, new to sight and having problems with 8 and 9 year olds

GalvanBaby

TTC #3 After TR
Reaction score
Hi, first let me introduce myself. I am Stephanie a 33 year old mom to 2 awesome kids, well, normally. :winkwink:
I have a 9 year old daughter and an 8 year old son. They are usually great kids but, here lately they have been acting like demons. It seems like my kids were kidnapped by aliens and replaced with their evil counter parts!

A lttle back ground. We moved to Mexico in March and they haven't seen or spoke to their biological Dad (his doing) since then. We have tried to contact but, he doesn't answer or return calls or messages. I have been with my OH for 5 years and we have been officially married for a year this month. The kids are homeschooled and seem to have adjusted to Mexico fine up until now.

For the last month or so, they have been fighting and arguing, yelling and talking back to both of us. I know it is normal but, I feel this is the extremes. It is to the point that, I would rather be at work than at home. Any advice on how to get this under control?

Hi, first let me introduce myself. I am Stephanie a 33 year old mom to 2 awesome kids, well, normally. :winkwink:
I have a 9 year old daughter and an 8 year old son. They are usually great kids but, here lately they have been acting like demons. It seems like my kids were kidnapped by aliens and replaced with their evil counter parts!

A lttle back ground. We moved to Mexico in March and they haven't seen or spoke to their biological Dad (his doing) since then. We have tried to contact but, he doesn't answer or return calls or messages. I have been with my OH for 5 years and we have been officially married for a year this month. The kids are homeschooled and seem to have adjusted to Mexico fine up until now.

For the last month or so, they have been fighting and arguing, yelling and talking back to both of us. I know it is normal but, I feel this is the extremes. It is to the point that, I would rather be at work than at home. Any advice on how to get this under control?
Oops, I meant site! LOL:dohh:

Sorry things have been a bit up and down with your kids. It's so hard, sometimes, to know what's going on in their little heads! They can be angels one minute and devils the next! And, I think that's pretty normal for their age. :)

But, I would imagine that some of the recent changes in their lives may be catching up with them now. Perhaps the lack of contact with their dad is starting to sink in and they're, unfortunately, taking it out on you? It's hard to say for sure, but it might not hurt to try to talk to them about what they're feeling right now and get it out in the open. I've also run across some books that have had some helpful sections in them on issues like the one you're facing with your ex. For example, I know Helping Children Survive Divorce by Dr. Archibald Hart and What Children Need to Know When Parents Get Divorced by William Coleman cover a disinterested parent.

Of course, this could just be the normal discipline issues that every parent faces-only you could say for sure. But, I'd just keep being consistent in how you're reacting and have some rules and expectations set up ahead of time for when they act out or back talk. Easier said than done, I know!

Well, I hope things settle down for your family and you all keep adjusting to your new living situation. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->