Hi, newbie here!

Lauz45

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thought i'd add myself here as I am so broody and have no one to talk to about it!

I'm 26 and this august married my lovely man, after 9 years together :D We bought a house together last christmas and we both thought that we'd be trying for a baby as soon as we got married. Health issues got in the way to begin with, I was on warfarin as I had a DVT in my calf from the pill, so stopped that in July, but have only had one period so far :(

Now I have been offered an amazing job opportunity that I can't turn down, although I have a degree i've found it really hard to find a decent job, now i've been offered a place at a huge company as an apprentice gas engineer, which will be amazing, i'll have a good wage whilst i'm training and an amazing wage when i'm qualified, so it's worth waiting, but it'll be 18 months before i'm fully qualified and that kills me :cry: My husband is really broody too and started getting down the other day as he's almost 28 and we want 2 or 3 children. But...we've agreed it's better to wait and be in a bigger house, better financial situation, and benefit from 6 months full maternity pay at the company.

There's just a big part of me that wishes I was pregnant right now! We were casually trying for a bit, then I got offered the job and now we're just being careful, I can never take the pill again so thinking about the coil for the time being, but all contraceptives scare me now after the DVT and having no periods!

Anyway, hi to everyone! :hi:

Hi there :wave:

Hope you enjoy your time in WTT, congrats on the job offer! 18 months will seem a lifetime away now but soon you will be there and screaming "I need more time!" :haha:

We are all a little crazy from waiting and everyone here is lovely.

:hugs:

Hiya...and welcome to WTT. I only joined myself last week and everyone has been so welcoming so far, which is great because like you I don't really have anyone to talk to other than my DH.

Congrats on the new job! I agree with Plutosblue - 18 months will fly by and you'll be moving over to TTC before you know it.

:wave: Hi,

Wont take you long to become an addict like the rest of us! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"